The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 01 – Judgments

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 01 – Judgments Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 01 – Judgments   Chapter 01 – Judgments EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 am

Bismillah 

Chapter I
Judgments

1425. Buraidah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Judges are of three types: two of whom will go to Hell and one to Paradise. The one who will go to Paradise is the judge who knew what is right and gives judgment accordingly; but a judge who knows what is right and does not give judgment accordingly; and acts unjustly in his judgment will go to Hell, and a judge who does not know what is right and judges people while ignorant (of the case) will go to Hell."Related by the four Imams and Al-Hakim graded it as Sahih.

blue-balloons

1426. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "He who has been appointed a judge has been slaughtered without a knife." Related by Ahmad and the four Imams. Ibn Khuzaimah and Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

blue-balloons

1427. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "You will be eager for the office of ruling, but it will become a cause of regret on the Day of Judgment. It is a good suckler but an evil weaner." (431) (Related by Al-Bukhari.)

431. It will be a source of pleasure and power in this world, but as it is a great responsibility, it will be a source of grief and regret on the Day of Resurrection.

blue-balloons

1428. 'Amro bin As radiyallahu anhu narrated that he heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa say, "When a judge gives a ruling having tried his best to decide correctly and his verdict is right, he will have a double reward; and when he gives a ruling having tried his best to decide correctly and his verdict is wrong, he will have a single reward." Agreed upon.

blue-balloons

1429. Abi Bakrah radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa say, "No judge may make a judgment between two people when he is angry!' Agreed upon.

blue-balloons

1430. Ali radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, “When two men present a case before you, do not decide in favor of the first till you hear what the other has to say. Then you will know how to judge." 'Ali said, 'Thereafter, I judged according to that.' Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi who graded it as Hasan. Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 01 – Judgments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 01 – Judgments   Chapter 01 – Judgments EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 am

Bismillah 

1431. Al-Hakim transmitted a similar Hadith on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu

blue-balloons

1432. Umm Salamah radiyallah anha narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "You bring your disputes to me, and perhaps some of you are more eloquent in their plea than others, in which case I will give a judgment based on what I heard from him. Therefore, whatever I rule for anyone, which by right belongs to his brother, I am only giving him a portion of Hell." Agreed upon.

blue-balloons

1433. Jabir radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa say, "How can an Ummah (a nation) be purified(of its sins) when the right of its weak is not taken from its strong (the powerful)?" Related by Ibn Hibban.

blue-balloons

1434, 1435. Al-Bazzar narrated a similar Hadith on the authority of Buraidah radiyallahu anhu , and Ibn Majah on the authority of Abu Sa'id radiyallahu anhu .

blue-balloons

1436. A'ishah radiyallah anha narrated. I heard the Messenger of Allah say, "On the Day of Resurrection the just judge will be called (to be asked about his judgments). His questioning will be so hard that he will wish he had never given judgment even between two men throughout his life." Related by Ibn Hibban and AI-Baihaqi. The version of the latter has, "…between two men about a single event."

blue-balloons

1437. Abu Bakrah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "The nation that appoints a woman as their ruler will never prosper:' (432) Related by Al-Bukhari.

432. The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said these words when the Persians enthroned Khosrau’s daughter and made her their Empress. There is a difference of opinion among the scholars whether a woman could be appointed as a judge in court, but the majority are of the opinion that she is not to be appointed a judge in criminal courts where murders and similar trials are conducted.

blue-balloons

1438. Abu Mariam al-Azdi radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "If anyone is appointed by Allah to be in a position of authority over any of the matters concerning the Muslims. but then turns away from attending to their needs and poverty, Allah will turn away from dealing with his needs." Related by Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi.

blue-balloons

1439. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa cursed the one who gives a bribe and the one who takes a bribe to pass judgments.' Related by Nlmad and the four Imams. At-Tirmidhi graded it as Hasan and Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

blue-balloons

1440. The four Imams except An-Nasa'i related a similar Hadith on the authority of 'Abdullah Ibn 'Amro.

blue-balloons

1441. 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa ruled that the two adversaries should sit (equally) in front of the judge.' Related by Abu Dawud and Al-Hakim graded it as Sahih.

Back to top Go down

Chapter 01 – Judgments
Page 1 of 1