The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 01 - Food

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 01 - Food Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 01 - Food   Chapter 01 - Food EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:56 am

bismillah4 

Chapter 1
Food

1359. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu  narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "Eating any predatory beast that has fangs, is prohibited." Related by Muslim.

red rose

1360. Muslim transmitted the same Hadith on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu  'He (The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa) prohibited .. .' and had the additional phrase, 'and every bird with talons.'

red rose

1361. Jabir radiyallahu anhu, narrated. 'On the Day of Khaibar, the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  prohibited eating the flesh of domestic asses, but permitted horse flesh.' Agreed upon.

red rose

1362. Ibn Abi Aula (RAA) narrated. 'We went on seven expeditions with the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  and we ate locusts.' Agreed upon.

red rose

1363. Anas radiyallahu anhu narrated regarding the story of the rabbit, (407)  “He (Abu Talha) slaughtered it and sent its leg to the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  and he accepted it.' Agreed upon.

407. Anas and some other companions radiyallahu anhu chased a rabbit at Marr Adh- Dhahran, and his companions got tired of chasing it, but Anas kept on till he caught it and brought it to Abu Talhah who sent its leg to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa 

red rose

1364. Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa prohibited killing four creatures: ants, bees, hoopoes and shrikes.' Related by Ahmad and Abu Dawud, Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

red rose

1365. Ibn Abi ‘Ammar narrated, 'I said to Jabir radiyallahu anhu, 'Is hyena a kind of game?'(408) He replied, 'Yes.' I asked, 'Did Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa  say that?' He replied. 'Yes.' Related by Ahmad and the four Imams. Al-Bukhari and Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

408. According to this Hadith, eating hyena is permissible, but some scholars say that it is prohibited to eat it as it digs into graves to get human flesh.

red rose

1366. Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu  narrated that he was asked about a hedgehog and he then recited, "Say (0 Muhammad)  I find not in that which has been inspired to me  anything forbidden.."  (Surah Al-An’am 6:145). An old man who was present said, 'I heard Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu say, 'It was mentioned in the presence of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa and he Sallalahu aleihi wa  said, "It is an abomination from those things which are abominable."Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu then said, 'If the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  had said that, then it is as hesl1  said.' Related by Ahmad and Abu Dawud with a weak chain of narrators.

red rose

1367. Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu  narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa prohibited eating the animal which feeds on filth or drinks its milk.' Related by the four Imams except for An-Nasa'i, At-Tirmidhi graded it as Hasan.

red rose

1368. Abu Qatadah radiyallahu anhu  narrated concerning the story of the zebra 'The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ate from it.' Agreed upon. (refer to Hadith no. 753 Book of Pilgrimage Chapter 04).

red rose

1369. Asma' bint Abu Bakr radiyallah anha narrated, 'During the lifetime of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa  we slaughtered a horse and ate it.' Agreed upon.

red rose

1370. Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated. 'The sand lizard (409) was served as food on the table of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa.' Agreed upon.

409. The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  did not prohibit them from eating it but he did not like it himself.

red rose

1371. 'Abdur Rahman bin "Uthman al-Qurashi radiyallahu anhu  narrated, 'A doctor consulted the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa  about extracting medicine from a frog but he prohibited killing it.' Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i. Al-Hakim graded it as Sahih.
Back to top Go down

Chapter 01 - Food
Page 1 of 1