The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

By Allah, I hate this man for the sake of Allah

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

By Allah, I hate this man for the sake of Allah Empty
PostSubject: By Allah, I hate this man for the sake of Allah   By Allah, I hate this man for the sake of Allah EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:34 pm

As Salamu Alaikum 

This is a beautiful lesson from the Sunnah of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa 

A man passed by a group of people and greeted them with Salam, and they returned the greeting. But when he had gone, one of them said, “By Allah, I hate this man for the sake of Allah.” The others present said, “What a bad thing to say! By allah, we are going to tell him. Get up, O so-and-so (they said to one of the people present) and tell him.”

This person caught up with the man who had passed by and told him what had been said. The man went to the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  and said, “O Messenger of Allah, I passed by a group of Muslims among whom was so-and-so and when I had left, one of them caught up with me and told me that so-and-so had said, ‘By Allah, I hate this man for the sake of Allah.’ Call him and ask him why he hates me.”

So the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa called the man who stated that he hated the passerby and asked him about what he had said. The man admitted it and said, “I did say that, O Messenger of Allah.” The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa asked, “Why do you hate him?”

The man replied, “I am his neighbor and I know him very well. By Alalh, I have never seen him pray any prayer except the prescribed prayer which everyone, good and bad, alike prays.” The man who had been hated on said, “Ask him, O Messenger of Allah, has he ever seen me delaying any prayer, or not doing wudu [ablutions] properly, or not doing ruko [bowing] and sujood [prostration] properly?” The man who claimed he hated his neighbor responded, “No.” Then the same man continued, “By Allah, I have never seen him fast at all except this month which everyone, good and bad alike, fasts.”

The one being accused responded, “O Messenger of Allah, has he ever seen me breaking my fast during [that month] or doing anything to invalidate my fast?” The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa  asked him and he responded, “No.” The man complaining then said, “By Allah, I have never seen him giving to any needy person or spending any of his wealth for the sake of Allah except for this charity [zakah] which everyone, good and bad alike, gives.”

The one being accused responded, “Ask him, O Messenger of Allah, have I ever withheld any part of the zakah or kept it back from the one who asked for it?” The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa asked the man making the accusations and he replied, “No.”

After hearing all of this came an incredibly wise response from the Messenger of Mercy.

The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, “I don’t know. Maybe he is better than you.”

Source: Mentioned in The Prophet’s Methods of Correcting People’s Mistakes by Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid, hadith located in Musnad Imam Ahmad.

pink necklace May we take heed from this Hadith before we judge others.pink necklace 
Back to top Go down

By Allah, I hate this man for the sake of Allah
Page 1 of 1