The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 03 - Treatment of Wives

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 03 - Treatment of Wives Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 03 - Treatment of Wives   Chapter 03 - Treatment of Wives EmptyTue May 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Bismillah

Chapter 3

Treatment of Wives

1047. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said. 'He who has intercourse with his wife through her anus,(312) is cursed.' Related by Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i and the wording is his.

312. This Is absolutely prohibited through the rulings of the Qur'an and Sunnah

pinkheartsmall

1048. Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Allah does not look at a man who had intercourse with another man or with a woman in her anus!' Related by At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasa'i and Ibn Hibban.

pinkheartsmall

1049. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should not hurt (cause problems to)his neighbor. And I advise you to treat women kindly, for they are created from a rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is the upper part.(313) If you then try to straighten it, you will break it off, and if you leave it as it is, it will remain crooked. So, I advise you to treat women well." Agreed upon and the wording is fromAl-Bukhari.

In another version by Muslim, "So, if you enjoy her (company) then enjoy her while she is still crooked, and if you try to straighten this nature of hers, you will break her, and breaking her means divorcing her."

313. This hadith refers to the woman's affectionate nature, which makes her fit for being a wife and a mother, and this is what, the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa means by saying that she was created from a crooked rib.

pinkheartsmall

1050. Jabir radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'We were on an expedition with the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa then when we approached Madinah and we were about to enter the city, he said to us, "Wait until you enter it at night -at the time of 'Isha- so that the lady with unkempt hair may comb her hair, and the one whose husband has been absent (for along time) may shave her pubic area." Agreedupon.

In another version by Al-Bukhari, "When anyone of you has been away from home for a long time he must not return to his family during the night (i.e. surprise them while they are asleep)."

pinkheartsmall

1051. Abu Said al-Khudri radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Among the worst people in Allah's sight, on the Day of Resurrection, is the man who copulates with his wife and she with him, and then spreads her secret." Related by Muslim.

pinkheartsmall

1052. Hakim bin Mu'awiyah narrated on the authority of his father radiyallahu anhu 'I asked, '0 Messenger of Allah! What are the rights of one's wife upon her husband?' He answered Sallalahu aleihi wa "To feed her when you eat, clothe her when you clothe yourself, not to slap her face or insult her, and not to abandon her except inside the house," Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud, An-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah. Ibn Hibban and al-Hakim graded it as Sahih

pinkheartsmall

1053. Jabir bin Abdullah radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Jews used to say, 'When a man has intercourse with his wife through the vagina but being on her back, the child will have a squint. So, the verse was revealed, "Your wives are a tilth for you so go toyour tilth when or how you wish." (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:223). Agreed upon and the wording is from Muslim.

pinkheartsmall

1054. Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "If any of you wants to have sexual intercourse with his wife, he should say, 'In the name of Allah, 0 Allah! Protect us from tbe devil and keep tbe devil away from what You grant us (i.e. offspring).' If it is predestined for them to have a child, the devil will never be able to harm him." Agreed upon.

Bookroom note: the Arabic text of this dua is found here

pinkheartsmall

1055. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Whenever a man calls his wife to his bed (for intercourse) but she refuses to come, the angels curse her until the morning." Agreed upon and the wording is from Al-Bukhari.

Another version by Muslim says, "and He Who is in heaven (i.e. Allah) remains displeased with her, until her husband has reconciled with her."

pinkheartsmall

1056. Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa cursed the Wasilah (the lady who adds artificial hair to hers or to someone else's) and al·Mutawsilah(the one who asks for it) and also the lady, who tattoos {herself or someone else} or gets herself tattooed (i.e. asks for it).' Agreed upon.

pinkheartsmall

1057. Judhamah bint Wahb radiyallah anha said, 'I was with Allah's Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa along with some people when he said, "I intended to prohibit Ghilah (314) but I considered the Romans and the Persians and found that they do it without any harm being caused to their childrcn."Then he was asked about 'Az! (Coitus interruptus), he replied ~, "This is secret (way of) burying alive." Related by Muslim.

314. Ghilah means either suckling during pregnancy, or intercourse with the wife while she is breast feeding a child.

pinkheartsmall

1058. Abu Said al-Khudri radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'A man said, 'Allah's Messenger! 1 have a slave girl and I practice 'Azl with her. I do not want her to conceive, but 1 have desire in what men (usually) have (i.e. intercourse). But the Jews say, that 'Azl is the minor-type -of burying alive.' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "The Jews told a lie, for if Allah wishes to create it (an offspring) you would not be able to stop it." Related by Ahmad and Abu Dawud and the wording is his. It was also narrated by an-Nasa'i and a!-Tahawi and its narrators are trustworthy.

pinkheartsmall

1059. Jabir radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'We used to practice 'Azl during the lifetime of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa while the Qur'an was being revealed, and if it was prohibited, the Qur'an would have prohibited us from doing it.' Agreed upon.

And in a version related by Muslim, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa heard about it but did not prohibit us from doing so.'

pinkheartsmall

1060. Arias Ibn Malik radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa used to have intercourse with all of his wives, with only one single Ghusl.' Agreed upon and the wording is from Muslim.

Back to top Go down

Chapter 03 - Treatment of Wives
Page 1 of 1