The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 01-Its virtues and those upon whom Hajj (Pilgrimage) is obligatory

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 01-Its virtues and those upon whom Hajj (Pilgrimage) is obligatory Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 01-Its virtues and those upon whom Hajj (Pilgrimage) is obligatory   Chapter 01-Its virtues and those upon whom Hajj (Pilgrimage) is obligatory EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:28 pm

bismillah4

Pilgrimage

Chapter 1

Its virtues and those upon whom
Hajj (Pilgrimage) is obligatory

728. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "The performance of 'Umrah. is an expiation for all the sins committed (between this 'Umrah and the previous one), and the reward for Hajj Mabrur. (213) (the one accepted by Allah or the one which was performed without doing any wrong) is nothing save Paradise." Agreed upon.

213. It is the Hajj accepted by Allah- the one, which is performed pure of any sins or evil actions.

divider

729. Aishah radiyallah anha narrated, 'I once asked the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa, '0 Messenger of Allah! Is JihAd incumbent upon women? He replied,''Yes. They have to take part in Jihad in which no fighting takes place, which is: Hajj and 'Umrah:" Related by Ahmad and Ibn Majah and the wording is his. It is reported with a sound chain of narrators.

divider

730. Jabir bin 'Abdullah radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'A Bedouin came to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa and said, '0 Messenger of Allah! Tell me about 'Umrah. Is it compulsory? He replied Sallalahu aleihi wa, "No (it is not compulsory), but it is better for you to perform it." Related by Ahmad and at-Tirmidhl. Scholars are of the opinion that it is Mawquf. Ibn Adi narrated with a weak chain of narrators on the authority of Jabir radiyallahu anhu in a Hadith Marfu' (connected to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa, Hajj and Umrah are compulsory. (214)

214. Most scholars hold the opinion that Umrah is Sunnah and not a compulsory duty.

divider

731. Anas radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa was asked, 'What is as-Sabil?(215) The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa replied, "Provision of food and means to make the journey." Related by Ad-Daraqutni and rendered authentic by Al-Hakim.

215. The man is asking about what is meant by being able to perform Hajj as mentioned in the verse, And Hajj is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who can afford the journey. (3:97)

divider

732. At-Tirmidhi reported the same hadith on the authority of Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhu but with a weak chain cf narrators.

divider

733. Ibn Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa came across some riders at ar·Rauha: (a place near Madinah). He asked them, "Wbo are you?" They replied, 'Who are you?' He replied, "I am the Messenger of Allah." A woman then lifted up a boy, and asked the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa , 'Will this boy be rewarded for Hajj? The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa replied"Yes, and you too will be rewarded." (216) Related by Muslim.

216. The boy will be rewarded for his obedience, while the mother will be rewarded for carrying and instructing him to perform Hajj. This hadith is evidence that performing Hajj by someone before attaining puberty is correct,and acceptable, but once he attains the age of puberty, he is to perform Hajj Once again, a Hajj is compulsory on adults only.

divider

734. Ibn Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated that Al-Fadl Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu was riding behind the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa when a woman from the tribe of Khath'am. came along, and al-Fadl started looking at her and she also started looking at him. The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa kept on turning al-Fadl's face to the other side. She said, '0 Messenger of Allah! Allah has prescribed Hajj for His servants, and it has become due on my father who is an old man, who cannot sit stable on his mount. Shall I perform Hajj on his behalf?' The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa replied, "Yes, you may." This incident took place during the Farewell Pilgrimage of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa . Agreed upon, and the wording is from Al-Bukhari.

Back to top Go down
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 01-Its virtues and those upon whom Hajj (Pilgrimage) is obligatory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 01-Its virtues and those upon whom Hajj (Pilgrimage) is obligatory   Chapter 01-Its virtues and those upon whom Hajj (Pilgrimage) is obligatory EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:34 pm

bismillah4

735, Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'A woman from the tribe of Juhainah. came to he Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa and said, 'My mother had vowed to perform Hajj, but she died before fulfilling her vow, Should I perform Hojj on her behalf'?'The Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Yes perform Hajj on her behalf. Had there been a debt on your mother, would you have paid it or not? So, payoff her debt to Allah, for He is most deserving of settlement of His debt." Related by Al-Bukhari.

divider

736. Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,"Any minor (child) who performs Hajj must perform it again after coming of age; any slave who performs Hajj and is then freed, must perform his HaJj again." Reported by Ibn Shaibah and Al-Baihaqi. Its narrators are authoritative but scholars say that it is Mawquf.

divider

737. Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated. 'I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa saying, "A man must never be alone with a woman unless there is a Mahram (217) with her. A woman also may not travel with anyone except with a Mahram (relative)." A man stood up and asked. '0 Messenger of Allah! My wife has gone for Hajj while I am enlisted for such and such a battle. what should I do?' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa replied, "Go and join your wife in Hajj." Agreed upon. and the wording is from Muslim.

217. A man from among her relatives to whom she is not permitted to marry,

divider

738. Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa heard a man saying. '0 Allah! Here I am in response to Your call (saying Labbayk on behalf ... ) on behalf of Shubrumah.' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa asked him. "Have you performed your own Hajj?" He replied, 'No,' whereupon the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa told him, "You must perform Hajj on your own behalf first, and then perform it on behalf of Shubrumah." Related by Abu Dawud and Ibn Majah. Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

divider

739. Ibn 'Abbas radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa once addressed us and said. "0 People! Hajj has been prescribed for you." Al-Aqra' bin Habis stood up and asked, '0 Prophet of Allah! Are we to perform Hajj every year?" The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Had I said 'yes', it would have become a (yearly) obligation. Hajj is obligatory only once in one's lifetime. Whatever one does over and above this is supererogatory (a voluntary act) for him." Related by the five Imams except for at-Tirmidhi.

divider

740. A similar narration was also related by Muslim on the authority of Abu Hurairah.

Back to top Go down

Chapter 01-Its virtues and those upon whom Hajj (Pilgrimage) is obligatory
Page 1 of 1