The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

The Miracles of the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

The Miracles of the Prophet Muhammad  (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) Empty
PostSubject: The Miracles of the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam)   The Miracles of the Prophet Muhammad  (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:41 am

As Salamu Alaikum

The Miracles of the Prophet Muhammad
(Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam)

The Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) wan granted many miracles by Allah (the Lord of the heavens and earth) and some of them are as follows:

1. The Holy Quran is the living miracle bestowed by Allah upon the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and this, Allah’s Book was revealed to him through the holy spirit (Jibril (Alayhi Salam) ) and today 1400 years have passed and nobody has been able to change a single letter or produce its imitation as it is said in the Qur'an (see Surah Hijr 15:91) and the statement of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam), “Before me, every Prophet was given a miracle and they practiced it during their life-time: i.e.. Isa used to cure the sick and make the dead alive, etc.. Musa was gives the stick etc., and I have been given the permanent Miracle of the Qur'an till The Hour is established, so I hope that my followers will be more in number than all the other Messengers as my miracle will last till the Day of Resurrection;, and it is a Glorious Book; when anyone reads it, even if he is a pagan, etc., he Is convinced that it was not written by any human being or any created thing (angels, etc.,) but it is from the Creator of the heavens and the earth.”

2. The splitting of the Moon: Narrated Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) that the Makkans requested Allah’s Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) to show them a miracle, and he showed them the splitting of the Moon. See (Book 56 Hadith No. 831).

3. The crying of the stem of the date palm tree to the Prophet’s Masjid: Narrated ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) that the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) used to deliver his Khutbah (religious talk) while learning against a trunk of a date-palm tree. When he had the pulpit made and used it instead, the trunk started crying and the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) went to it, rubbing his hand over it (to stop its crying). (See Book 56 Hadith no. 783).

4. The flowing of the water from among the fingers of Allah’s Messenger. (See Book 56 Hadith no. 779).

5. The Prophet’s (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) meals used to glorify Allah while he ate, and this glorification was heard by the companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) (See Book 56 Hadith no. 779).

6. Stones used to greet the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) whenever he passed by through the lanes of Makkah.

7. The throwing out of a dead body, - a Christian by the earth: Narrated Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surah Al-Baqarah (2) and Surah Al-‘Imran (3) and he used to write the revelation for the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam). Later on he reverted to Christianity and used to say, Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him.” Then Allah caused him to die end the people buried him but in the morning they found that the earth had thrown out his body.” They said. “This is the deed of Muhammad (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and his Companions. They have opened the grave of our companion and took his body out because he ran away from them, as they again dug the grave deeper for him, but in the morning they again found that the earth had thrown the body out.” They said, “This is a deed of Muhammad (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and his Companions.” So they dug a third grave for him us deep as they could, but in the morning they found that the earth had thrown the body out. Then they believed what had befallen him, was not done by mankind and they had to leave the body on the ground. (See Book 56 Hadith no. 814).

8. The screening (shading) by the trees, for the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) to answer the call of nature,

9. The rising of water in the well at Hudaibiya after it had dried. (See Book 56 Hadith no. 777).

10. The increase in the amount of dates in the garden of Jabir bin ‘Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) after the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) went round the heap of dates end invoked Allah for His Blessings. (See Book 56 Hadith no. 780).

11. Speaking of a wolf: It has been written that a wolf also spoke to one of the companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) near Al-Madinah as narrated in Fatah-ul-Bari (Vol 8 page 23) Narrated Unais bin ‘Amr: Ahban bin Aus said, ‘I was amongst my sheep. Suddenly a wolf caught a sheep and I shouted at it. The wolf sat on its tall and addressed me, saying, “Who will look after it (i.e., the sheep) when you will be busy and not able to look after it? Do you forbid me the provision which Allah has provided me?’ “ Ahban added, “I clapped my hands and said, ‘By Allah, I have never seen anything more curious and wonderful than this!’ On that the wolf said, ‘There is something more curious and more wonderful than this; that is, Allah’s Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) in those palm trees inviting people to Allah (i.e. Islam).’” Unais bin ‘Amr further said, “Then Ahban went to Allah’s Messenger (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) and informed him what happened and embraced Islam.”

12. The Mi’raj: The Ascent of the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) to the heavens. (See Book 8 Hadith no. 345 and Book 58 Hadith No. 227)

Source – Introduction to Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume One
Back to top Go down

The Miracles of the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam)
Page 1 of 1