The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 03-Sadaqat at-Tatawu’ (Voluntary Charity)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Chapter 03-Sadaqat at-Tatawu’ (Voluntary Charity) Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 03-Sadaqat at-Tatawu’ (Voluntary Charity)   Chapter 03-Sadaqat at-Tatawu’ (Voluntary Charity) EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm

bismillah1

Chapter 3
Sadaqat at-Tatawu’

Voluntary Charity.

652. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said,"Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His...." He mentioned the rest of the Hadith, which says, "and a man who gives charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given." (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity). Agreed upon.

rosebar

653. 'Uqbah Ibn 'Amir radiyallahu anhu narrated, 'I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa say "Everybody will be shaded by his Sadaqah (on the Day of Judgment) until it has been judged between the people. Related by Ibn Hibban and AI-Hakim.

rosebar

654. Abu Said Al-Khudri radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Any Muslim who clothes another Muslim who is naked, Allah will clothe him from the green garments of Paradise. Any Muslim who feeds a Muslim who is hungry,Allah will feed him from the fruit of Paradise, and any Muslim who gives drink to a Muslim who is thirsty, Allah will give him a drink from the Sealed Nectar."'(197) Related by Abu Dawud with a weak chain of narrators.

197. This is the pure and clear white wine, which the believers will drink in Paradise, but it will not. make them intoxicated as the wine of this worldly life. It is kept in sealed containers that will only be undone by their owners.

rosebar

655. Hakim bin Hizam radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah radiyallahu anhu said, "The upper hand is better than the lower hand (i,e, he who gives in charity is better than he who takes it). One should begin by giving to his dependents. And the best Sadaqah (charity) is that, which is given by a wealthy person (from the money which is left over after his expenses). And whoever abstains from asking others for some financial help, Allah will provide for him and save him from asking others; Allah will make him self-sufficient," Agreed upon and this version is of al-Bukhari.

rosebar

656. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa was asked, 'Which kind of Sadaqah is better? He replied, "That which is given by one who does not have much property. And begin by giving to your dependents. Related by Ahmad, and Abu Dawud, Ibn Khuzaimah, Ibn Hibban and AI-Hakim graded it as Sahih.

rosebar

657. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Give Sadaqah."A man then said, 'Allah's Messenger, I have a Dinar.' He then said to him, "Give it to yourself as Sadaqah."The man again said, 'I have another one.' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Give it to your children as Sadaqah." He said, I have another one.' He said, "Give it to your wife as Sadaqah." The man again said, 'I have another one.' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Give it to your servant as Sadaqah." He said, 'I have another one.' The Messenger: of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "You know better to whom you should give it." Related by Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i. Ibn Hibban and Al-Hakim regarded it as Sahih.

rosebar

658. Aishah radiyallah anha narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "When a woman gives some of the foodstuff (which she has in her house) in charity without being extravagant (without being wasteful), she will receive the reward for what she has spent, and her husband will receive the reward because of his earning, and the keeper (if any) will be similarly rewarded. The reward of one will not decrease the reward of the others." Agreed upon.

rosebar

659. Abu Said radiyallahu anhu narrated Zainab the wife of Ibn Masud came along and said to the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa "0 Messenger of Allah! You have commanded us today to give Sadaqah (charity). I have some jewelry of mine and I wanted to give it as Sadaqah, but Ibn Masud claims that he and his children are the most entitled to my Sadaqah. (deserve it more than anyone else.)' The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, “Ibn Masud is right. Your husband and your children are more deserving," Related by Al-Bukhari.

rosebar

660. Ibn 'Umar radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "A man who persists in begging people to give him charity, will come on the Day of Judgment and there will not be a piece of flesh on his face." (I98) Agreed upon.

198. Tbis Hadith means to show the ugliness of begging where there is no real necessity, which makes the person loose his pride so that he comes on the Day of Judgment; without any flesh on his fnce. The Qur'an praised those whom one thinks they are rich because of their modesty, as they do not beg people in spite of their need. (2:274.275)

rosebar

661. Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "He who asks others to give to him in order to increase his own wealth, is akin to one who asks for live coals, He who wishes to have more, let him have it and he who wishes to have less, let him have it.' Related by Muslim.

rosebar

662. Az-Zubair bin Al-'Awwilm radiyallahu anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "It is better for any of you to take a rope and cut some wood (from the forest) and carry it over his back and sell it, to preserve his dignity (as he is earning his own living), rather than' ask a person for something and that person may give him or not." Related by Al-Bukhari.

rosebar

663. Samurah bin Jundub radiyallah anha narrated that the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa said, "Begging is like a scratch with which a man scratches his face; unless one is asking the ruler or in the case of dire necessity." Related by at-Tirmidhi, who regarded it as Sahih.

Back to top Go down

Chapter 03-Sadaqat at-Tatawu’ (Voluntary Charity)
Page 1 of 1