The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:47 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 276.

Narrated by Al-Bara bin Azib (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) appointed 'Abdullah bin Jubair (Radhi Allahu Anhu) as the commander of the infantry men (archers) who were fifty on the day (of the battle) of Uhud. He instructed them, "Stick to your place, and don't leave it even if you see birds snatching us, till I send for you; and if you see that we have defeated the infidels and made them flee, even then you should not leave your place till I send for you." Then the infidels were defeated. By Allah, I saw the women fleeing lifting up their clothes revealing their leg-bangles and their legs. So, the companions of 'Abdullah bin Jubair said, "The booty! O people, the booty ! Your companions have become victorious, what are you waiting for now?" 'Abdullah bin Jubair (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "Have you forgotten what Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to you?" They replied, "By Allah! We will go to the people (i.e. the enemy) and collect our share from the war booty." But when they went to them, they were forced to turn back defeated. At that time Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in their rear was calling them back. Only twelve men remained with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and the infidels martyred seventy men from us.

On the day (of the battle) of Badr, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and his companions had caused the 'Pagans to lose 140 men, seventy of whom were captured and seventy were killed. Then Abu Sufyan asked thrice, "Is Muhammad present amongst these people?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ordered his companions not to answer him. Then he asked thrice, "Is the son of Abu Quhafa present amongst these people?" He asked again thrice, "Is the son of Al-Khattab present amongst these people?" He then returned to his companions and said, "As for these (men), they have been killed." 'Umar could not control himself and said (to Abu Sufyan), "You told a lie, by Allah! O enemy of Allah! All those you have mentioned are alive, and the thing which will make you unhappy is still there." Abu Sufyan said, "Our victory today is a counterbalance to yours in the battle of Badr, and in war (the victory) is always undecided and is shared in turns by the belligerents, and you will find some of your (killed) men mutilated, but I did not urge my men to do so, yet I do not feel sorry for their deed" After that he started reciting cheerfully, "O Hubal, be high! (*) On that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said (to his companions), "Why don't you answer him back?" They said, "O Allah's Messenger! What shall we say?" He said, "Say, Allah is Higher and more Sublime." (Then) Abu Sufyan said, "We have the (idol) Al 'Uzza, and you have no 'Uzza." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said (to his companions), "Why don't you answer him back?" They asked, "O Allah's Messenger! What shall we say?" He said, "Says Allah is our Helper and you have no helper."

* Hubal was the name of an idol in the Ka'bah in the pre-Islamic period.

Hadith Number 277.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was the (most handsome), most generous and the bravest of all the people. Once the people of Al-Madinah got frightened having heard an uproar at night. So, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) met the people while he was riding an unsaddled horse belonging to Abu Talha and carrying his sword (slung over his shoulder). He said (to them), "Don't get scared, don't get scared." Then he added, "I found it (i.e the horse) very fast."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:47 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 278.

Narrated by Salama (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I went out of Al-Madinah towards Al-Ghaba. When I reached the mountain path of Al-Ghaba, a slave of 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf met me. I said to him, "Woe to you! What brought you here?" He replied, "The she-camels of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) have been taken away." I said, "Who took them?" He said, "Ghatafan and Fazara." So, I sent three cries, "O Sabahah ! O Sabahah !" (*) so loudly that made the people in between its (i.e. Al-Madinah's) two mountains hear me. Then I rushed till I met them after they had taken the camels away. I started throwing arrows at them saying, "I am the son of Al-Akwa"; and today perish the mean people!" So, I saved the she-camels from them before they (i.e. the robbers) could drink water. When I returned driving the camels, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) met me, I said, "O Allah's Messenger! Those people are thirsty and I have prevented them from drinking water, so send some people to chase them." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "O son of Al-Akwa', you have gained power (over your enemy), so forgive (them). (Besides) those people are now being entertained by their folk."

* This is an exclamation for help.

Hadith Number 279.

Narrated by Abu Ishaq: A man asked Al-Bara (Radhi Allahu Anhu) "O Abu 'Umara! Did you flee on the day (of the battle) of Hunain?" Al-Bara replied while I was listening, "As for Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) he did not flee on that day. Abu Sufyan bin Al-Harith was holding the reins of his mule and when the pagans attacked him, he dismounted and started saying, 'I am the Prophet, and there is no lie about it; I am the son of 'Abdul Muttalib.' On that day nobody was seen braver than the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam).'"

Hadith Number 280.

Narrated by Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When the tribe of Bani Quraiza was ready to accept Sad's (Radhi Allahu Anhu) judgment, Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent for Sad who was near to him. Sad came, riding a donkey and when he came near, Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said (to the Ansar), "Stand up for your leader." Then Sad came and sat beside Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who said to him. "These people are ready to accept your judgment." Sad said, "I give the judgment that their warriors should be killed and their children and women should be taken as prisoners." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then remarked, "O Sad! You have judged amongst them with (or similar to) the judgment of the King Allah."
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:48 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 281.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent a Sariya of ten men as spies under the leadership of 'Asim bin Thabit al-Ansari, the grandfather of 'Asim bin 'Umar Al-Khattab. They proceeded till they reached Hadaa, a place between 'Usfan, and Makkah, and their news reached a branch of the tribe of Hudhail called Bani Lihyan. About two-hundred men, who were all archers, hurried to follow their tracks till they found the place where they had eaten dates they had brought with them from Al-Madinah. They said, "These are the dates of Yathrib (i.e. Al-Madinah), "and continued following their tracks When 'Asim and his companions saw their pursuers, they went up a high place and the infidels circled them. The infidels said to them, "Come down and surrender, and we promise and guarantee you that we will not kill any one of you" 'Asim bin Thabit; the leader of the Sariya said, "By Allah! I will not come down to be under the protection of infidels. O Allah! Convey our news to Your Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). Then the infidels threw arrows at them till they martyred 'Asim along with six other men, and three men came down accepting their promise and convention, and they were Khubaib-al-Ansari and Ibn Dathina and another man So, when the infidels captured them, they undid the strings of their bows and tied them. Then the third (of the captives) said, "This is the first betrayal. By Allah! I will not go with you. No doubt these, namely the martyred, have set a good example to us." So, they dragged him and tried to compel him to accompany them, but as he refused, they killed him. They took Khubaid and Ibn Dathina with them and sold them (as slaves) in Makkah (and all that took place) after the battle of Badr. Khubaib was bought by the sons of Al-Harith bin 'Amir bin Naufal bin 'Abd Manaf. It was Khubaib who had killed Al-Harith bin 'Amir on the day (of the battle of) Badr. So, Khubaib remained a prisoner with those people.

Narrated Az-Zuhri: 'Ubaidullah bin 'Iyyad said that the daughter of Al-Harith had told him, "When those people gathered (to kill Khubaib) he borrowed a razor from me to shave his pubes and I gave it to him. Then he took a son of mine while I was unaware when he came upon him. I saw him placing my son on his thigh and the razor was in his hand. I got scared so much that Khubaib noticed the agitation on my face and said, 'Are you afraid that I will kill him? No, I will never do so.' By Allah, I never saw a prisoner better than Khubaib. By Allah, one day I saw him eating of a bunch of grapes in his hand while he was chained in irons, and there was no fruit at that time in Makkah." The daughter of Al-Harith used to say, "It was a boon Allah bestowed upon Khubaib." When they took him out of the Sanctuary (of Makkah) to kill him outside its boundaries, Khubaib requested them to let him offer two Rakat (prayer). They allowed him and he offered Two Rakat and then said, "Hadn't I been afraid that you would think that I was afraid (of being killed), I would have prolonged the prayer. O Allah, kill them all with no exception." (He then recited the poetic verse): "I being martyred as a Muslim, Do not mind how I am killed in Allah's Cause, For my killing is for Allah's Sake, And if Allah wishes, He will bless the amputated parts of a torn body" Then the son of Al Harith killed him. So, it was Khubaib who set the tradition for any Muslim sentenced to death in captivity, to offer a two-Rak'at prayer (before being killed). Allah fulfilled the invocation of 'Asim bin Thabit (*) on that very day on which he was martyred. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) informed his companions of their news and what had happened to them. Later on when some infidels from Quraish were informed that 'Asim had been killed, they sent some people to fetch a part of his body (i.e. his head) by which he would be recognized. (That was because) 'Asim had killed one of their chiefs on the day (of the battle) of Badr. So, a swarm of wasps, resembling a shady cloud, were sent to hover over 'Asim and protect him from their messenger and thus they could not cut off anything from his flesh.

* 'O Allah, convey our news to Your Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam).

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:49 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 282.

Narrated by Abu Musa (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Free the captives (*), feed the hungry and pay a visit to the sick."

* The Muslim captives should be freed by paying their ransoms from the Muslims' Treasury.

Hadith Number 283.

Narrated by Abu Juhaifa (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I asked Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu), "Do you have the knowledge of any Divine Inspiration besides what is in Allah's Book?" 'Ali replied, "No, by Him Who splits the grain of corn and creates the soul. I don't think we have such knowledge, but we have the ability of understanding which Allah may endow a person with, so that he may understand the Qur'an, and we have what is written in this paper as well." I asked, "What is written in this paper?" He replied, "(The regulations of) blood-money, the freeing of captives, and the judgment that no Muslim should be killed for killing an infidel."

Hadith Number 284.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Some Ansari men asked permission from Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saying, "O Allah's Messenger! Allow us not to take the ransom of our nephew Al 'Abbas (*). The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "Do not leave a single Dirham thereof."

(In another narration) Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "Some wealth was brought to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) from Bahrain. Al 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) came to him and said, 'O Allah's Messenger! Give me (some of it), as I have paid my and 'Aqil's ransom.' The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, 'Take,' and gave him in his garment."

* Before embracing Islam, Al-'Abbas was taken prisoner by the Muslims and had to ransom himself. After embracing Islam, he asked for re-compensation for the ransom he had paid when he was as infidel.

Hadith Number 285.

Narrated by Jubair (Radhi Allahu Anhu): (Who was among the captives of the Battle of Badr) I heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) reciting 'Surat-at-Tur' in the Maghrib prayer.

Hadith Number 286.

Narrated by Salama bin Al-Akwa' (Radhi Allahu Anhu): "An infidel spy came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) while he was on a journey. The spy sat with the companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and started talking and then went away. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said (to his companions), 'Chase and kill him.' So, I killed him." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then gave him the belongings of the killed spy (in addition to his share of the war booty).

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:50 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 287.

Narrated by 'Amr bin Maimun: 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) (after he was stabbed), instructed (his would-be-successor) saying, "I urge him (i.e. the new Caliph) to take care of those non-Muslims who are under the protection of Allah and His Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in that he should observe the convention agreed upon with them, and fight on their behalf (to secure their safety) and he should not over-tax them beyond their capability."

Hadith Number 288.

Narrated by Sa'id bin Jubair: Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) said, "Thursday! (*) What (great thing) took place on Thursday!" Then he started weeping till his tears wetted the gravels of the ground. Then he said, "On Thursday the illness of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was aggravated and he said, "Fetch me writing materials so that I may have something written to you after which you will never go astray." The people (present there) differed in this matter and people should not differ before a Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). They said, "Allah's Messenger is seriously sick.' The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Let me alone, as the state in which I am now, is better than what you are calling me for." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) on his death-bed, gave three orders saying, "Expel the pagans from the Arabian Peninsula, respect and give gifts to the foreign delegates as you have seen me dealing with them." I forgot the third (order)" (Ya'qub bin Muhammad said, "I asked Al-Mughira bin 'Abdur-Rahman about the Arabian Peninsula and he said, 'It comprises Makkah, Al-Madinah, Al-Yamama and Yemen." Ya'qub added, "And Al-'Arj, the beginning of Tihama.")

* See Hadith No.114 Book 3 for detailed explanation of this Hadith.

Hadith Number 289.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): 'Umar saw a silken cloak being sold in the market and he brought it to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, "O Allah's Messenger! Buy this cloak and adorn yourself with it on the 'Id festivals and on meeting the delegations." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "This is the dress for the one who will have no share in the Hereafter (or, this is worn by one who will have no share in the Hereafter)." After sometime had passed, Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent a silken cloak to 'Umar. 'Umar took it and brought it to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, "O Allah's Messenger! You have said that this is the dress of that who will have no share in the Hereafter (or, this is worn by one who will have no share in the Hereafter), yet you have sent me this!" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said," I have sent it) so that you may sell it or fulfill with it some of your needs."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:52 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 290A.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Umar and a group of the companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) set out with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) to Ibn Saiyad. He found him playing with some boys near the hillocks of Bani Maghala. Ibn Saiyad at that time was nearing his puberty. He did not notice (the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)'s presence) till the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) stroked him on the back with his hand and said, "Ibn Saiyad! Do you testify that I am Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)?" Ibn Saiyad looked at him and said, "I testify that you are the Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) of the illiterates."

Then Ibn Saiyad asked the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). "Do you testify that I am the Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) of Allah?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to him, "I believe in Allah and His Messengers." Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said (to Ibn Saiyad). "What do you see?" Ibn Saiyad replied, "True people and false ones visit me." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Your mind is confused as to this matter." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) added, " I have kept something (in my mind) for you." Ibn Saiyad said, "It is Ad-Dukh." (*) The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said (to him), "Shame be on you! You cannot cross your limits." On that 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "O Allah's Messenger! Allow me to chop his head off." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "If he should be him (i.e. Ad-Dajjal) then you cannot overpower him, and should he not be him, then you are not going to benefit by murdering him."

* When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to Ibn Saiyad, " I have kept something (in my mind) for you," he meant Surat-ad-Dukhan. Ibn Saiyad guessed imperfectly for he mentioned just part of the word, i.e. 'Dukh'. By this way the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) proved that Ibn Saiyad was just a soothsayer to whom the devils conveyed nonsensical fragments of information from the spiritual world.

Hadith Number 290B.

Narrated by Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): (Later on) Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) (once again) went along with Ubai bin Ka'b to the garden of date-palms where Ibn Saiyad was staying. When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) entered the garden, he started hiding himself behind the trunks of the date-palms as he wanted to hear something from the Ibn Saiyad before the latter could see him. Ibn Saiyad was lying in his bed, covered with a velvet sheet from where his murmurs were heard. Ibn Saiyad's mother saw the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) while he was hiding himself behind the trunks of the date-palms. She addressed Ibn Saiyad, "O Saf!" (And this was his name). Ibn Saiyad got up. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Had this woman let him to himself, he would have revealed the reality of his case." Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) got up amongst the people, glorifying Allah as He deserves, he mentioned Ad-Dajjal, saying, "I warn you about him (i.e. Ad-Dajjal) and there is no Prophet who did not warn his nation about him, and Nuh warned his nation about him, but I tell you a statement which no Prophet informed his nation of. You should understand that he is a one-eyed man and Allah is not one-eyed."

Hadith Number 291.

Narrated by Usama bin Zaid (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): I asked the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) during his Hajj, "O Allah's Messenger! Where will you stay tomorrow?" He said, "Has 'Aqil left for us any house?" He then added, "Tomorrow we will stay at Khaif Bani Kinana, i.e. Al-Muhassab, where (the Pagans of) Quraish took an oath of Kufr (i.e. to be loyal to heathenism) in that Bani Kinana got allied with Quraish against Bani Hashim on the terms that they would not deal with the members of the is tribe or give them shelter." (Az-Zuhri said, "Khaif means valley.")
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:53 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 292.

Narrated by Aslam: Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) appointed a freed slave of his, called Hunai, manager of the Hima (i.e. a pasture devoted for grazing the animals of the Zakat or other specified animals). He said to him, "O Hunai! Don't oppress the Muslims and ward off their curse (invocations against you) for the invocation of the oppressed is responded to (by Allah); and allow the shepherd having a few camels and those having a few sheep (to graze their animals), and take care not to allow the livestock of 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf and the livestock of ('Uthman) bin 'Affan, for if their livestock should perish, then they have their farms and gardens, while those who own a few camels and those who own a few sheep, if their livestock should perish, would bring their dependents to me and appeal for help saying, 'O chief of the believers! O chief of the believers!' Would I then neglect them? (No, of course). So, I find it easier to let them have water and grass rather than to give them gold and silver (from the Muslims' treasury). By Allah, these people think that I have been unjust to them. This is their land, and during the Pre-Islamic period, they fought for it and they embraced Islam (willingly) while it was in their possession. By Him in Whose Hand my life is! Were it not for the animals (in my custody) which I give to be ridden for striving in Allah's Cause, I would not have turned even a span of their land into a Hima."

[url=

Hadith Number 293.

Narrated by Hudhaifa (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said (to us), " List the names of those people who have announced that they are Muslims." So, we listed one thousand and five hundred men. Then we wondered, "Should we be afraid (of infidels) although we are one thousand and five hundred in number?" No doubt, we witnessed ourselves being afflicted with such bad trials that one would have to offer the prayer alone in fear. (*)

* Perhaps the narrator refers to the fear of the people of the governments in the caliphate of 'Uthman (Radhi Allahu Anhu). Al-Walid bin 'Uqba, the governor of Kufa used to delay the prayer or used not to perform it properly; therefore, some pious men had to pray alone secretly and then pray with the governor lest they be put to trial by the governor. (Qastalani Vol.5,P175)

Hadith Number 294.

Narrated by Al-'Amash : "We (listed the Muslims and) found them five hundred." And Abu Mu'awiya said, "Between six-hundred to seven-hundred."

Hadith Number 295.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): A man came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, "O Allah's Messenger! I have enlisted in the army for such-and-such Ghazwa, and my wife is leaving for Hajj." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Go back and perform Hajj with your wife."

Hadith Number 296.

Narrated by Az-Zuhri (Radhi Allahu Anhu): As follows in Hadith 297.

Hadith Number 297.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): We were in the company of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in a Ghazwa, and he remarked about a man who claimed to be a Muslim, saying, "This (man) is from the people of the (Hell) Fire." When the battle started, the man fought violently till he got wounded. Somebody said, "O Allah's Messenger! The man whom you described as being from the people of the (Hell) Fire fought violently today and died." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "He will go to the (Hell) Fire." Some people were on the point of doubting (the truth of what the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) had said) while they were in this state, suddenly someone said that he was still alive but severely wounded. When night fell, he lost patience and committed suicide. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was informed of that, and he said, "Allah is Greater! I testify that I am Allah's Slave and His Messenger." Then he ordered Bilal to announce amongst the people: 'None will enter Paradise but a Muslim, and Allah may support this religion (i.e. Islam) even with a disobedient man.'

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:54 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 298.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) delivered a sermon and said, "Zaid received the flag and was martyred, then Ja'far took it and was martyred, then 'Abdullah bin Rawaha took it and was martyred, and then Khalid bin Al-Walid took it without being appointed, and Allah gave him victory." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) added, "I am not pleased (or they will not be pleased) that they should remain (alive) with us," while his eyes were shedding tears.

Hadith Number 299.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The people of the tribes of Ri'l, Dhakwan, 'Usiya and Bani Lihyan came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and claimed that they had embraced Islam, and they requested him to support them with some men to fight their own people. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) supported them with seventy men from the Ansar whom we used to call Al-Qurra'(i.e. Scholars) who (out of piety) used to cut wood during the day and pray all the night. So, those people took the (seventy) men till they reached a place called Bi'r-Ma'una where they betrayed and martyred them. So, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) invoked evil on the tribe of Ri'l, Dhakwan and Bani Lihyan for one month in the prayer.

Narrated Qatada: Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) told us that they (i.e. Muslims) used to recite a Qur'anic Verse concerning those martyrs which was: "O Allah! Let our people be informed on our behalf that we have met our Lord Who has got pleased with us and made us pleased." Then the Verse was cancelled.

Hadith Number 300.

Narrated by Abu Talha (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Whenever the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) conquered some people, he would stay in their town for three days.

Hadith Number 301.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) performed 'Umrah, setting out from Al-Ja'rana where he distributed the war booty of Hunain.

Hadith Number 302.

Narrated by Nafi': Once a slave of Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) fled and joined the Byzantine. Khalid bin Al-Walid (Radhi Allahu Anhu) got him back and returned him to 'Abdullah (bin 'Umar). Once a horse of Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) also ran away and followed the Byzantines, and he (i.e. Khalid) got it back and returned it to 'Abdullah.
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:55 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 303.

Narrated by Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): That he was riding a horse on the day, the Muslims fought (against the Byzantines), and the commander of the Muslim army was Khalid bin Al-Walid (Radhi Allahu Anhu) who had been appointed by Abu Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anhu). The enemy took the horse away, and when the enemy was defeated, Khalid returned the horse to him.

Hadith Number 304.

Narrated by Jabir bin Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): I said, "O Allah's Messenger! We have slaughtered a young sheep of ours and have ground one Sa of barley. So, I invite you along with some persons." So, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said in a loud voice, "O the people of the Trench! Jabir had prepared "Sur" (*) so come along."

* ''Sur " is a Persian word meaning 'food'.

Hadith Number 305.

Narrated by Um Khalid (Radhi Allahu Anha): (The daughter of Khalid bin Sa'id) I went to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) with my father and I was Nearing a yellow shirt. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Sanah, Sanah!" ('Abdullah, the narrator, said that 'Sanah' meant 'good' in the Ethiopian language). I then started playing with the seal of Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)hood (in between the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)'s shoulders) and my father rebuked me harshly for that. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said. "Leave her," and then Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) (invoked Allah to grant me a long life) by saying (thrice), "Wear this dress till it is worn out and then wear it till it is worn out, and then wear it till it is worn out." (The narrator adds, "It is said that she lived for a long period, wearing that (yellow) dress till its colour became dark because of long wear.")

Hadith Number 306.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Al-Hasan bin 'Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) took a date from the dates of the Sadaqah and put it in his mouth. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said (to him) in Persian, "Kakh, kakh! (i.e. Don't you know that we do not eat the Sadaqah (i.e. what is given in charity))

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:56 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 307.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) got up amongst us and mentioned Al Ghulul, emphasized its magnitude and declared that it was a great sin saying, "Don't commit Ghulul for I should not like to see anyone amongst you on the Day of Resurrection, carrying over his neck a sheep that will be bleating, or carrying over his neck a horse that will be neighing. Such a man will be saying: 'O Allah's Messenger! Intercede with Allah for me,' and I will reply, 'I can't help you, for I have conveyed Allah's Message to you nor should I like to see a man carrying over his neck, a camel that will be grunting. Such a man will say, 'O Allah's Messenger! Intercede with Allah for me, and I will say, 'I can't help you for I have conveyed Allah's Message to you,' or one carrying over his neck gold and silver and saying, 'O Allah's Messenger! Intercede with Allah for me,' and I will say, 'I can't help you for I have conveyed Allah's Message to you,' or one carrying clothes that will be fluttering, and the man will say, 'O Allah's Messenger! Intercede with Allah for me.' And I will say, 'I can't help you, for I have conveyed Allah's Message to you."

Hadith Number 308.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Amr (Radhi Allahu Anhu): There was a man who looked after the family and the belongings of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and he was called Karkara. The man died and Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "He is in the '(Hell) Fire." The people then went to look at him and found in his place, a cloak he had stolen from the war booty.

Hadith Number 309.

Narrated by 'Abaya bin Rifa'a : My grandfather, Rafi' (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "We were in the company of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) at Dhul-Hulaifa, and the people suffered from hunger. We got some camels and sheep (as booty) and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was still behind the people. They hurried and put the cooking pots on the fire. (When he came) he ordered that the cooking pots should be upset and then he distributed the booty (amongst the people) regarding ten sheep as equal to one camel then a camel fled and the people chased it till they got tired, as they had a few horses (for chasing it). So a man threw an arrow at it and caused it to stop (with Allah's Permission). On that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, 'Some of these animals behave like wild beasts, so, if any animal flee from you, deal with it in the same way." My grandfather asked (the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)), "We hope (or are afraid) that we may meet the enemy tomorrow and we have no knives. Can we slaughter our animals with canes?" Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "If the instrument used for killing causes the animal to bleed profusely and if Allah's Name is mentioned on killing it, then eat its meat (i.e. it is lawful) but won't use a tooth or a nail and I am telling you the reason: A tooth is a bone (and slaughtering with a bone is forbidden), and a nail is the slaughtering instrument of the Ethiopians."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:57 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 310.

Narrated by Qais: Jarir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said to me, "Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to me, 'Won't you relieve me from Dhul-Khalasa?' Dhul-Khalasa was a house where the tribe of Khatham used to stay, and it used to be called Ka'bat-ul Yamaniya. So I proceeded with one hundred-and-fifty (men) from the tribe of Ahmas who were good cavalry. I informed the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) that I could not sit firm on horses, so he stroke me on the chest with his hand and I noticed his finger marks on my chest. He invoked, 'O Allah! Make him firm and a guiding and rightly-guided man." Jarir set out towards that place, dismantled and burnt it, and then sent the good news to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). The messenger of Jarir said to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). "O Allah's Messenger! By Him Who has sent you with the Truth, I did not come to you till it (i.e. the house) had been turned (black) like a scabby camel (covered with tar)." So the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) invokes Allah to Bless the horses of the men of Ahmas five times.

Hadith Number 311.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, on the day of the Conquest of Makkah, "There is no migration (after the Conquest), but Jihad and good intentions (*), and when you are called for Jihad, you should immediately respond to the call."

* See Hadith 79 Book 57

Hadith Number 312.

Narrated by Abu 'Uthman An-Nahdi: Mujashi bin Mas'ud took his brother Mujalid bin Mas'ud to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, "This is Mujalid and he will give a pledge of allegiance to you for migration." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "There is no migration after the Conquest of Makkah, but I will take his pledge of allegiance for Islam."

Hadith Number 313.

Narrated by 'Ata': I and 'Ubaid bin 'Umair went to 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) while she was staying near Thabir (i.e. a mountain). She said, "There is no Migration after Allah gave His Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) victory over Makkah."

Hadith Number 314.

Narrated by Sa'd bin 'Ubaida: Abu 'Abdur-Rahman who was one of the supporters of 'Uthman said to Abu Talha who was one of the supporters of 'Ali, "I perfectly know what encouraged your leader (i.e. 'Ali) to shed blood. I heard him saying: Once the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent me and Az-Zubair (Radhi Allahu Anhu) saying, 'Proceed to such-and-such Ar-Roudah (place) where you will find a lady whom Hatib has given a letter. So when we arrived at Ar-Roudah, we requested the lady to hand over the letter to us. She said, 'Hatib has not given me any letter.' We said to her. 'Take out the letter or else we will strip off your clothes.' So she took it out of her braid. So the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent for Hatib, (who came) and said, 'Don't hurry in judging me, for, by Allah, I have not become a disbeliever, and my love to Islam is increasing. (The reason for writing this letter was) that there is none of your companions but has relatives in Makkah who look after their families and property, while I have nobody there, so I wanted to do them some favour (so that they might look after my family and property).' The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) believed him. 'Umar said, Let me chop off his (i.e. Hatib's) neck as he has done hypocrisy.' The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, (to 'Umar), 'Who knows, perhaps Allah has looked at the warriors of Badr and said (to them), 'Do whatever you like, for I have forgiven you.' " 'Abdur-Rahman added, "So this is what encouraged him (i.e. 'Ali)."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:59 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 315.

Narrated by Ibn Abi Mulaika: Ibn Az-Zubair said to Ibn Ja'far (Radhi Allahu Anhum) "Do you remember when I, you and Ibn 'Abbas went out to receive Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)?" Ibn Ja'far replied in the affirmative. Ibn Az-Zubair added, "And Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) made us (i.e. I and Ibn 'Abbas) ride along with him and left you."

Hadith Number 316.

Narrated by As-Sa'ib bin Yazid (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I along with some boys went out to receive Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) at Thaniyatal-Wada'.

Hadith Number 317.

Narrated by Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) returned (from Jihad), he would say Takbir thrice and add, "We are returning, if Allah wishes, with repentance and worshipping and praising (our Lord) and prostrating ourselves before our Lord. Allah fulfilled His Promise and helped His Slave, and He Alone defeated the (infidel) clans."

Hadith Number 318.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): We were in the company of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) while returning from 'Usfan, and Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was riding his she-camel keeping Safiyyah bint Huyay riding behind him. His she-camel slipped and both of them fell down. Abu Talha jumped from his camel and said, "O Allah's Messenger! May Allah sacrifice me for you." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Take care of the lady." So, Abu Talha covered his face with a garment and went to Safiyyah and covered her with it, and then he set right the condition of their she-camel so that both of them rode, and we were encircling Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) like a cover. When we approached Al-Madinah, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "We are returning with repentance and worshipping and praising our Lord." He kept on saying this till he entered Al-Madinah.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:00 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 319.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): That he and Abu Talha (Radhi Allahu Anhu) came in the company of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and Safiyyah was accompanying the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), who let her ride behind him on his she-camel. During the journey, the she-camel slipped and both the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and (his) wife fell down. Abu Talha (the sub-narrator thinks that Anas said that Abu Talha jumped from his camel quickly) said, "O Allah's Messenger! May Allah sacrifice me for your sake! Did you get hurt?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "No, but take care of the lady." Abu Talha (Radhi Allahu Anhu) covered his face with his garment and proceeded towards her and covered her with his garment, and she got up. He then set right the condition of their she-camel and both of them (i.e. the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and his wife) rode and proceeded till they approached Al-Madinah. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "We are returning with repentance and worshipping and praising our Lord." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) kept on saying this statement till he entered Al-Madinah.

Hadith Number 320.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): I was on a journey in the company of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and when we reached Al-Madinah, he said to me, "Enter the Masjid and offer two Rakat."

Hadith Number 321.

Narrated by Ka'b (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Whenever the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) returned from a journey in the forenoon, he would enter the Masjid and offer two Rak'at before sitting.

Hadith Number 322.

Narrated by Muharib bin Dithar: Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) said, "When Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) arrived at Al-Madinah, he slaughtered a camel or a cow." Jabir added, "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) bought a camel from me for two Uqiyas (of gold) and one or two Dirhams. When he reached Sirar, he ordered that a cow be slaughtered and they ate its meat. When he arrived at Al-Madinah, he ordered me to go to the Masjid and offer two Rakat, and weighed (and gave) me the price of the camel."

Hadith Number 323.

Narrated by Jabir (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once I returned from a journey and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said (to me) "Offer two Rak'at." (Sirar is a place near Al-Madinah).

Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 Sbspec10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah    Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Fifty Two – The Book on Fighting for the Cause of Allah
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3