The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts Empty
PostSubject: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:40 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Bismillah

Hadith Number 740.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "O Muslim women! None of you should look down upon the gift sent by her she-neighbour even if it were the trotters of the sheep (fleshless part of legs)."

Hadith Number 741.

Narrated by Urwa: 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) said to me, "O my nephew! We used to see the crescent, and then the crescent and then the crescent in this way we saw three crescents in two months and no fire (for cooking) used to be made in the houses of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). I said, "O my aunt! Then what use to sustain you?" 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) said, "The two black things: dates and water, our neighbours from Ansar had some Manai’h (*) and they used to present Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) some of their milk and he used to make us drink."

* Manai’h is the plural for Maniha which means a special sort of gift in the form of a she-camel or a sheep which is given temporarily so that its milk may be used and then it is returned to the owner.

Hadith Number 742.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "I shall accept the invitation even if I were invited to a meal of a sheep's trotter, and I shall accept the gift even if it were an arm or a trotter of a sheep."

Hadith Number 743.

Narrated by Sahl (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent for a woman from the emigrants and she had a slave who was a carpenter. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to her "Order your slave to prepare the wood (pieces) for the pulpit." So, she ordered her slave who went and cut the wood from the tamarisk and prepared the pulpit, for the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). When he finished the pulpit, the woman informed the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) that it had been finished. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked her to send that pulpit to him, so they brought it. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) lifted it and placed it at the place in which you see now."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:47 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 744.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin Abu Qatada Al-Aslami: That his father said, "One day I was sitting with some of the Prophet’s (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) companions on the way to Makkah. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was ahead of us. All of my companions were in the state of Ihram while I was a non-Muhrim. They saw an onager while I was busy repairing my shoes, so they did not tell me about it but they wished I had seen it. By chance I looked up and saw it. So, I turned to the horse, saddled it and rode on it, forgetting to take the spear and the whip. I asked them if they could hand over to me the whip and the spear but they said, 'No, by Allah, we shall not help you in that in any way.' I became angry and got down from the horse, picked up both the things and rode the horse again. I attacked the onager and slaughtered it, and brought it (after it had been dead). They took it (cooked some of it) and started eating it, but they doubted whether it was allowed for them to eat it or not, as they were in the state of Ihram. So, we proceeded and I hid with me one of its fore-legs. When we met Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and asked him about the case, he asked, 'Do you have a portion of it with you?' I replied in the affirmative and gave him that fleshy fore-leg which he ate completely while he was in the state of Ihram.

Hadith Number 745.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) visited us in this house of ours and asked for something to drink. We milked one of our sheep and mixed it with water from this well of ours and gave it to him. Abu Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anhu) was sitting on his left side and 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) in front of him and a Bedouin on his right side. When Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) finished, 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) "Here is Abu Bakr." But Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) gave the remaining milk to the Bedouin and said twice, "The (persons on the) right side! So, start from the right side." Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) added, "It is a Sunnah (the Prophet’s (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) traditions)" and repeated it thrice.

Hadith Number 746.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): We chased a rabbit at Mar-al-Zahran and the people ran after it but were exhausted. I overpowered and caught it, and gave it to Abu Talha (Radhi Allahu Anhu) who slaughtered it and sent its hip or two thighs to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). (The narrator confirms that he sent two thighs). The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) accepted that. (The sub-narrator asked Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu), "Did the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam); eat from it?" Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) replied, "He ate from it.")

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 747.

Narrated by As-Sa'b bin Jaththama: An onager was presented to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) at the place called Al-Abwa' or Waddan, but Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) rejected it. When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) noticed the signs of sorrow on the giver's face he said, "We have not rejected your gift, but we are in the state of Ihram." (i.e. if we were not in a state of Ihram we would have accepted your gift, Fateh-al-Bari page 130, Vol. 6)

Hadith Number 748.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The people used to look forward for the days of my ('Aishah’s (Radhi Allahu Anha)) turn to send gifts to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in order to please him.

Hadith Number 749.

Narrated by Said bin Jubair: Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said: Um Hufaid, Ibn 'Abbas's (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) aunt sent some dried yogurt (butter free), ghee (butter) and a mastigar to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) as a gift. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ate the dried yogurt and butter but left the mastigar because he disliked it. Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "The mastigar was eaten at the table of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and if it had been illegal to eat, it could not have been eaten at the table of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)."

Hadith Number 750.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Whenever a meal was brought to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), he would ask whether it was a gift or Sadaqah (something given in charity). If he was told that it was Sadaqah, he would tell his companions to eat it, but if it was a gift, he would hurry to share it with them.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:46 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 751.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Some meat was brought to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and it was said that the meat had been given in charity to Burairah. He said, "It was Sadaqah for Buraira but a gift for us."

Hadith Number 752.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): I intended to buy Buraira but her masters stipulated that her Wala should be for them. When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was told about it, he said to me, "Buy and manumit her, as the Wala' is for the liberator." Once Buraira was given some meat, and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, "What is this?" I said, "It has been given to Buraira in charity." He said, "It is sadaqah for her but a gift for us." Buraira was given the option (to stay with her husband or to part with him). AbdurRahman (a sub-narrator) wondered, "Was her husband a slave or a free man?" Shu'ba (another sub-narrator) said, "I asked 'Abdur-Rahman whether her husband was a slave or a free man. He replied that he did not know whether he was a slave or a free man."

Hadith Number 753.

Narrated by Um 'Atiyya : Once the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) went to 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) and asked her whether she had something (to eat). She said that she had nothing except the mutton which Um 'Atiyya had sent to (Buraira) in charity. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said that it had reached its destination (i.e. it is no longer an object of charity.)

Hadith Number 754.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The people used to send gifts to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) on the day of my turn. Um Salama (Radhi Allahu Anha) said: "My companions (the wives of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) Other than 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha)) gathered and they complained about it. So I informed the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) about it on their behalf, but he remained silent.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:47 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 755.

Narrated by 'Urwa from 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): The wives of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) were in two groups. One group consisted of 'Aishah, Hafsa, Safiyya and Sauda (Radhi Allahu Anhuna); and the other group consisted of Um Salama and the other wives (Radhi Allahu Anhuna) of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). The Muslims knew that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) loved 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha), so if any of them had a gift and wished to give to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), he would delay it, till Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) had come to 'Aishah’s (Radhi Allahu Anha) home and then he would send his gift to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in her home. The group of Um Salama discussed the matter together and decided that Um Salama should request Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) to tell the people to send their gifts to him in whatever wife's house he was. Um Salama told Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) of what they had said, but he did not reply. Then they (those wives) asked Um Salama about it. She said, "He did not say anything to me." They asked her to talk to him again. She talked to him again when she met him on her day, but he gave no reply. When they asked her, she replied that he had given no reply. They said to her, "Talk to him till he gives you a reply." When it was her turn, she talked to him again. He then said to her, "Do not hurt me regarding 'Aishah, as the Divine Inspirations do not come to me on any of the beds except that of 'Aishah." On that Um Salama said, "I repent to Allah for hurting you." Then the group of Um Salama called Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and sent her to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) to say to him, "Your wives request to treat them and the daughter of Abu Bakr on equal terms." Then Fatima conveyed the message to him. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "O my daughter! Don't you love whom I love?" She replied in the affirmative and returned and told them of the situation. They requested her to go to him again but she refused. They then sent Zainab bint Jahsh who went to him and used harsh words saying, "Your wives request you to treat them and the daughter of Ibn Abu Quhafa on equal terms." On that she raised her voice and abused 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) to her face so much so that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) looked at 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) to see whether she would retort. 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) started replying to Zainab till she silenced her. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then looked at 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) and said, "She is really the daughter of Abu Bakr."

Hadith Number 756.

Narrated by 'Azra bin Thabit Al-Ansari: When I went to Thumama bin 'Abdullah, he gave me some perfume and said that Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) would not reject the gifts of perfume. Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used not to reject the gifts of perfume.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:48 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 757.

Narrated by Al-Miswar bin Makhrama and Marwan: When the delegates of the tribe of Hawazin came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) he stood up amongst the people, Glorified and Praised Allah as He deserved, and said, "Then after: Your brethren have come to you with repentance and I see it logical to return to them their captives; so whoever amongst you likes to do that as a favour, then he can do it, and whoever of you like to stick to his share till we give him his right from the very first Fai (war booty) (1) which Allah will bestow on us, then (he can do so)." The people replied, "We do that (to return the captives) willingly as a favor for your sake."

Hadith Number 758.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to accept gifts and used to give something in return.

Hadith Number 759.

Narrated by An-Nu'man bin Bashir (Radhi Allahu Anhu): That his father took him to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, "I have given this son of mine a slave." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, "Have you given all your sons the like?" He replied in the negative. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Take back your gift then."

Hadith Number 760.

Narrated by 'Amir: I heard An-Nu'man bin Bashir (Radhi Allahu Anhu) on the pulpit saying, "My father gave me a gift but 'Amra bint Rawaha (my mother) said that she would not agree to it unless he made Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) as a witness to it. So, my father went to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, 'I have given a gift to my son from 'Amra bint Rawaha, but she ordered me to make you as a witness to it, O Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)!' Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, 'Have you given (the like of it) to everyone of your sons?' He replied in the negative. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, 'Be afraid of Allah, and be just to your children.' My father then returned and took back his gift."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:29 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 761.

Narrated by Az-Zuhari: Ubaidullah bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) told me that 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) had said, "When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) became sick and his condition became serious, he requested his wives to allow him to be treated in my house, and they allowed him. He came out leaning on two men while his feet were dragging on the ground. He was walking between Al-'Abbas and another man." 'Ubaidullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "When I informed Ibn 'Abbas of what 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) had said, he asked me whether I knew who was the second man whom 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) had not named. I replied in the negative. He said, 'He was 'Ali bin Abi Talib. (Radhi Allahu Anhu)"

Hadith Number 762.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "One who takes back his gift (which he has already given) is like a dog that swallows its vomit."

Hadith Number 763.

Narrated by Asma (Radhi Allahu Anha): Once I said, "O Allah's Messenger! I have no property except what has been given to me by Az-Zubair (i.e. her husband). May I give in charity?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Give in charity and do not withhold it; otherwise Allah will withhold it back from you."

Hadith Number 764.

Narrated by Asma (Radhi Allahu Anha): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Give (in charity) and do not give reluctantly lest Allah should give you in a limited amount; and do not withhold your money lest Allah should withhold it from you."

Hadith Number 765.

Narrated by Kurib: The freed slave of Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu), that Maimuna bint Al-Harith told him that she manumitted a slave-girl without taking the permission of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). On the day when it was her turn to be with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), she said, "Do you know, O Allah's Messenger! that I have manumitted my slave-girl?" He said, "Have you really?" She replied in the affirmative. He said, "You would have got more reward if you had given her (i.e. the slave-girl) to one of your maternal uncles."

Hadith Number 766.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Whenever Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) wanted to go on a journey, he would draw lots as to which of his wives would accompany him. He would take her whose name came out. He used to fix for each of them a day and a night. But Sauda bint Zam'a gave up her (turn) day and night to 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma), the wife of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in order to seek the pleasure of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) (by that action).

Hadith Number 767.

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): I said, "O Allah's Messenger! I have two neighbours; which of them should I give a gift to?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "(Give) to the one whose door is nearer to you."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:30 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 768.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): That he heard As-Sa'b bin Jaththama Al-Laithi, who was one of the companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), saying that he gave the meat of an onager to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) while he was at a place called Al-Abwa' or Waddan, and was in a state of Ihram. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) did not accept it. When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) saw the signs of sorrow on As-Sab's face because of not accepting his present, he said (to him), "We are not returning your present, but we are in the state of Ihram." (See Hadith No. 747)

Hadith Number 769.

Narrated by Abu Humaid Al-Sa'idi (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) appointed a man from the tribe of Al-Azd, called Ibn 'Utbiyya for collecting the Zakat. When he returned he said, "This (i.e. the Zakat) is for you and this has been given to my as a present." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Why hadn't he stayed in his father's or mother's house to see whether he would be given presents or not? By Him in Whose Hands my life is, whoever takes something from the resources of the Zakat (unlawfully) will be carrying it on his neck on the Day of Resurrection; if it be a camel, it will be grunting; if a cow, it will be mooing; and if a sheep, it will be bleating." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then raised his hands till we saw the whiteness of his armpits, and he said thrice, "O Allah! Haven't I conveyed Your Message (to them)?"

Hadith Number 770.

Narrated by Jabir (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to me, "I will give you so much (the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) pointed thrice with his hands) when funds of Bahrain will come to me." But the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) died before the money reached him. (When it came) Abu Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anhu) ordered an announcer to announce that whoever had a money claim on the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) or was promised to be given something, should come to Abu Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anhu). I went to Abu Bakr and told him that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) had promised to give me so much. On that Abu Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anhu) gave me three handfuls (of money).

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:30 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 771.

Narrated by Al-Miswar bin Makhrama (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) distributed some cloaks but did not give anything thereof to Makhrama. Makhrama said (to me), "O son! Accompany me to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)." When I went with him, he said, "Call him to me." I called him (i.e. the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) for my father. He came out wearing one of those cloaks and said, "We kept this (cloak) for you, (Makhrama)." Makhrama looked at the cloak and said, "Makhrama is pleased," (or the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said), "Is Makhrama pleased?"

Hadith Number 772.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): A man came to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, "I am ruined." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, "What do you mean?" He said, "I had a sexual intercourse with my wife during Ramadan (while fasting)." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked him, "Can you manumit a slave?" He replied in the negative. He then asked him, "Can you fast for two successive months continuously" He replied in the negative. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then asked him, "Can you feed sixty poor persons?" He replied in the negative. In the meantime an Ansari came with a basket full of dates. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to the man, "Take it and give it in charity (as an expiation of your sin)." The man said "Should I give it to some people who are poorer than we O Allah's Messenger? By Him Who has sent you with the Truth, there is no family between Al-Madinah’s two mountains poorer than we." Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) told him to take it and provide his family with it."

Hadith Number 773.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): My father was martyred on the day (of the battle) of Uhud and his creditors demanded the debt back in a harsh manner. So I went to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and informed him of that, he asked them to accept the fruits of my garden and excuse my father, but they refused. So, Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) did not give them the fruits, nor did he cut them and distribute them among them, but said, "I will come to you tomorrow morning." So, he came to us the next morning and walked about in between the date-palms and invoked Allah to bless their fruits. I plucked the fruits and gave back all the rights of the creditors in full, and a lot of fruits were left for us. Then I went to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), who was sitting, and informed him about what happened. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) told 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu), who was sitting there, to listen to the story. 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "Don't we know that you are Allah's Messenger? By Allah! You are Allah's Messenger!"

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:33 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 774.

Narrated by Sahl bin Sad (Radhi Allahu Anhu): A drink (milk mixed with water) was brought to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who drank some of it while a boy was sitting on his right and old men on his left. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to the boy, "If you permit me, I'll give (the rest of the drink to) these old men first." The boy said, "I will not give preference to any one over me as regards my share from you, O Allah's Messenger!" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then put that container in the boy's hand. (See Hadith 541 Book 40).

Hadith Number 775.

Narrated by Jabir bin 'Abdullah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I sold a camel to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) on one of the journeys. When we reached Al-Madinah, he ordered me to go to the Masjid and offer two Rakat. Then he weighed for me (the price of the camel in gold) and gave an extra amount over it. A part of it remained with me till it was taken by the army of Sham on the day of Harra."

Hadith Number 776.

Narrated by Shal bin Sad (Radhi Allahu Anhu): A drink (of milk and water) was brought to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) while a boy was sitting on his right side and old men were sitting on his left side. He asked the boy, "Will you allow me to give it to these (people)?" The boy said, "No, by Allah, I will not allow anyone to take my right from you." Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) put the bowl in the boy's hand.

Hadith Number 777.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) owed a man some debt (and that man demanded it very harshly). The companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) wanted to harm him, but the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to them, "Leave him, as the creditor has the right to speak harshly." He then added, "Buy (a camel) of the same age and give it to him." They said, "We cannot get except a camel of an older age than that of his." He said, "Buy it and give it to him, as the best amongst you is he who pays back his debt in the most handsome way.'

Hadith Number 778.

Narrated by Marwan bin Al-Hakam and Al-Miswar bin Makhrama (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): When the delegates of the tribe of Hawazin came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) they requested him to return their property and their captives. He said to them, "This concerns also other people along with me as you see, and the best statement to me is the true one, so you may choose one of two alternatives; either the captives or the property and (I have not distributed the booty for) I have been waiting for you."

When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) had returned from Ta'if, he waited for them for more than ten nights. When they came to know that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) would not return except one of the two, they chose their captives. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then stood up amongst the Muslims, Glorified and Praised Allah as He deserved, and then said, "Then after: These brothers of yours have come to you with repentance and I see it proper to return their captives, so whoever amongst you likes to do that as a favour, then he can do it, and whoever of you wants to stick to his share till we pay him from the very first Fai (i.e. war booty gained without fighting) which Allah will give us, then he can do so." The people said, "We return (the captives) to them willingly as a favour, O Allah's Messenger!" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "I do not know who of you has given his consent and who has not; so go back and your leaders may present your decision to me." The people went away, and their leaders discussed the matter with them, and then came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) to tell him that all of them had given their consent (to return the captives) willingly. (Az-Zuhri, the sub-narrator said, "This is what we know about the captives, of Hawazin.")

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:36 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 779.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): That the people sitting with that person will be his co-owners. But this report is not confirmed by an authentic narration. (Refer to Hadith 778)

Hadith Number 780.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) took a camel of special age from somebody on credit. Its owner came and demanded it back (harshly). The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "No doubt, he who has a right, can demand it." Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) gave him an older camel than his camel and said, "The best amongst you is he who repays his debts in the most handsome way."

Hadith Number 781.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): That he was in the company of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) on a journey, riding a troublesome camel belonging to 'Umar. The camel used to go ahead of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), so Ibn 'Umar's father would say, "O 'Abdullah! No one should go ahead of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to him, "Sell it to me." 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) "It is for you." So, he bought it and said, "O 'Abdullah! It is for you, and you can do with it what you like."

Hadith Number 782.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Umar bin Al-Khattab saw a silken dress (cloak) being sold at the gate of the Masjid and said, "O Allah's Messenger! Would that you buy it and wear it on Fridays and when the delegates come to you!" Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "This is worn by the one who will have no share in the Hereafter." Later on some silk dresses were brought and Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) sent one of them to 'Umar. 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "How do you give me this to wear while you said what you said about the dress of 'Atarid?"(*) Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "I have not given it to you to wear." So, 'Umar gave it to a pagan brother of his in Makkah.

* Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) is referring to the previous occasion when Allah’s Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) refused to buy the cloak sold at the gate of the Masjid

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:37 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 783.

Narrated by Ibn Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Once the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) went to the house of Fatima (Radhi Allahu Anha) but did not enter it. 'Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu) came and she told him about that. When Ali asked the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) about it, he said, "I saw a (multi-coloured) decorated curtain on her door. I am not interested in worldly things." 'Ali went to Fatima and told her about it. Fatima said, "I am ready to dispense with it in the way he suggests." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ordered her to send it to such-and-such needy people."

Hadith Number 784.

Narrated by 'Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) gave me a silken dress as a gift and I wore it. When I saw the signs of anger on his face, I cut it into pieces and distributed it among my wives."

Hadith Number 785.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): A Jubba (i.e. cloak) made of thick silken cloth was presented to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to forbid people to wear silk. So, the people were pleased to see it. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "By Him in Whose Hands Muhammad's soul is, the handkerchiefs of Sad bin Mu'adh in Paradise are better than this." Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) added, "The present was sent to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) by Ukaidir (a Christian) from Dauma."

Hadith Number 786.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam).

Hadith Number 787.

Narrated by 'Abdur-Rahman bin Abu Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): We were one-hundred and thirty persons accompanying the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who asked us whether anyone of us had food. There was a man who had about a Sa of wheat which was mixed with water then. A very tall pagan came driving sheep. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked him, "Will you sell us (a sheep) or give it as a present?" He said, "I will sell you (a sheep)." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) bought a sheep and it was slaughtered. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) ordered that its liver and other abdominal organs be roasted. By Allah, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) gave every person of the one-hundred-and-thirty a piece of that; he gave all those of them who were present; and kept the shares of those who were absent. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then put its meat in two huge basins and all of them ate to their fill, and even then more food was left in the two basins which were carried on the camel (or said something like it).

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 788.

Narrated by Ibn 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) saw a silken cloak over a man for sale and requested the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) to buy it in order to wear it on Fridays and while meeting delegates. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "This is worn by the one who will have no share in the Hereafter." Later on Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) got some silken cloaks similar to that one, and he sent one to 'Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu). He said to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) "How can I wear it, while you said about it what you said?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "I have not given it to you to wear, but to sell or to give to someone else." So, 'Umar sent it to his brother at Makkah before he embraced Islam.

Hadith Number 789.

Narrated by Asma' bint Abu Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anha): My mother came to me during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and she was a pagan. I said to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) (seeking his verdict), "My mother has come to me and she desires to receive a reward from me, shall I keep good relations with her?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Yes, keep good relation with her."

Hadith Number 790.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "He who takes back his present is like him who swallows his vomit."

Hadith Number 791.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The bad example is not for us. He who takes back his present is like a dog that swallows back its vomit."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:59 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 792.

Narrated by 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I gave a horse in Allah's Cause. The person to whom it was given, did not look after it. I intended to buy it from him, thinking that he would sell it cheap. When I asked the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) he said, "Don't buy it, even if he gives it to you for one Dirham, as the person who takes back what he has given in charity, is like a dog that swallows back its vomit."

Hadith Number 793.

Narrated by Jabir : The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) gave the verdict that 'Umra (*) is for the one to whom it is presented.

* Umra is a kind of gift and is also called Ruqba which is derived from the Arabic verb meaning “to wait” because both the giver and the person given to used to wait for the death of each other so the house would belong to him permanently.

Hadith Number 794.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Umra is permissible." Ata said, "Jabir narrated the same to me from the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)."

Hadith Number 795.

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once the people of Al-Madinah were frightened, so the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) borrowed a horse from Abu Talha (Radhi Allahu Anhu) called Al-Mandub, and rode it. When he came back he said, "We have not seen anything (to be afraid of), but the horse was very fast (having an energy as inexhaustible as the water of the sea)."

Hadith Number 796.

Narrated by Aiman: I went to 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) and she was wearing a coarse dress costing five Dirhams. 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) said, "Look up and see my slave-girl who refuses to wear it in the house though during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) I had a similar dress which no woman desiring to appear elegant (before her husband) failed to borrow from me." (*)

* This indicates that people were so poor that they looked upon clothes of low quality highly.

Hadith Number 797.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "What a good Maniha (the she-camel which has recently given birth and which gives profuse milk) is, and (what a good Maniha) (the sheep which gives profuse milk, a bowl in the morning and another in the evening) is!"

Hadith Number 798.

Narrated by Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Maniha is a good deed of charity.

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:04 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 799.

Narrated by Ibn Shihab Az-Zuhri: Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said, "When the emigrants came to Al-Madinah, they had nothing whereas the Ansar had land and property. The Ansar gave them their land on condition that the emigrants would give them half the yearly yield and work on the land and provide the necessaries for cultivation." His (i.e. Anas’s (Radhi Allahu Anhu) mother who was also the mother of 'Abdullah bin Abu Talha (Radhi Allahu Anhu), gave some date-palms to Allah' Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) who gave them to his freed slave-girl (Um Aiman) who was also the mother of Usama bin Zaid (Radhi Allahu Anhu). When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) finished from the fighting against the people of Khaibar and returned to Al-Madinah, the emigrants returned to the Ansar the fruit gifts which the Ansar had given them. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) also returned to Anas’s (Radhi Allahu Anhu) mother the date-palms. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) gave Um Aiman other trees from his garden in lieu of the old gift.

Hadith Number 800.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Amr (Radhi Allahu Anhu): That Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "There are forty virtuous deeds and the best of them is the Maniha of a she-goat, and anyone who does one of these virtuous deeds hoping for Allah's reward with firm confidence that he will get it, then Allah will make him enter Paradise because of Hassan (a sub-narrator) said, "We tried to count those good deeds below the Maniha; we mentioned replying to the sneezer, removing harmful things from the road, etc., but we failed to count even fifteen."

Hadith Number 801.

Narrated by Jabir (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Some men had superfluous land and they said that they would give it to others to cultivate on the condition that they would get one-third or one-fourth or one half of its yield. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Whoever has land should cultivate it himself or give it to his brother or keep it uncultivated."

Narrated Abu Said (Radhi Allahu Anhu): A Bedouin came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and asked him about emigration. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said to him, "May Allah be merciful to you. The matter of emigration is difficult. Have you got some camels?" He replied in the affirmative. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked him, "Do you pay their Zakat?" He replied in the affirmative. He asked, "Do you lend them so that their milk may be utilized by others?" The Bedouin said, "Yes." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, "Do you milk them on the day off watering them?" He replied, "Yes." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Do good deeds beyond the merchants (or the sea) and Allah will never disregard any of your deeds." (See Hadith No. 260, Book 58)

Hadith Number 802.

Narrated by Tawus: That he was told by the most learned one amongst them (i.e. Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu)) that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) went towards some land which was flourishing with vegetation and asked to whom it belonged. He was told that such and such a person took it on rent. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "It would have been better (for the owner) if he had given it to him gratis rather than charging him a fixed rent.

Hadith Number 803.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The Prophet Ibrahim (Alayhi Salam) migrated with Sarah. The people (of the town where they migrated) gave her Ajar (i.e. Hajar). Sarah returned and said to Ibrahim (Alayhi Salam), "Do you know that Allah has humiliated that pagan and he has given a slave-girl for my service?"

Hadith Number 804.

Narrated by 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Once I gave a horse (for riding) in Allah's Cause. Later I saw it being sold. I asked Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) (whether I could buy it). He said, "Don't buy it, for you should not get back what you have given in charity."

Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts Div26b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts   Book Forty Seven – The Book on Gifts Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1