The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Inspiration from Our History - From Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq (Radhi Allahu Anhu)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Inspiration from Our History - From Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq (Radhi Allahu Anhu) Empty
PostSubject: Inspiration from Our History - From Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq (Radhi Allahu Anhu)    Inspiration from Our History - From Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq (Radhi Allahu Anhu) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:39 am

As Salamu Alaikum

An Inspiration from Our History

Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq’s (Radhi Allahu Anhu) Speech after being appointed as Khalifah ar-Rasulullah

Abu Bakr (Radhi Allahu Anhu) began by praising and glorifying Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala. He then said:

“To proceed: O people, I have indeed being appointed over you, though I am not the best among you. If I do well, then help me; and if I act wrongly then correct me. Truthfulness is synonymous with fulfilling the trust, and lying is tantamount to treachery. The weak among you is deemed strong by me, until I return to them that which is rightfully theirs Insha Allah. And the strong among you is deemed weak by me, until I take from them what is rightly (someone else’s) Insha Allah.

No group of people abandons Jihad in the path of Allah except that Allah makes them suffer humiliation. And wickedness does not become widespread among a people except that Allah inflicts them with widespread calamity.

Obey me so long as I obey Allah and His Messenger. And if I disobey Allah and His Messenger, then I have no right to your obedience. Stand up now to pray, may Allah have mercy on you.”

Excerpts: The Biography of Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq by Dr Ali Muhammad Muhammad As-Sallaabee – Translated by Faisal Shafeeq

Subhanallah there are many lessons in this short speech.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala guide us and keep us on the path followed by the Sahabah (Radhi Allahu Anhum) Ameen!
Back to top Go down

Inspiration from Our History - From Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq (Radhi Allahu Anhu)
Page 1 of 1