The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Asking Forgiveness for our non-Muslim parents

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Asking Forgiveness for our non-Muslim parents Empty
PostSubject: Asking Forgiveness for our non-Muslim parents   Asking Forgiveness for our non-Muslim parents EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:33 am

:salamou:

Some time ago, a sister who reverted about 6 years ago mentioned that she also makes Dua asking Allah to forgive her parents who died as Christians. When I said that we cannot invoke Allah for our parents who died as Kuffar, but can invoke Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala to guide those who are still living to His Straight path, she asked for a Daleel.

This is the Daleel which I emailed to her at the time and posting it here as a reminder to all of us who have non-Muslim families.

Narrated by Al-Musaiyab (Radhi Allahu Anhu): When Abu Talib was on his death bed, Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) came to him and found with him, Abu Jahl and Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya bin Al-Mughira. Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "O uncle! Say: None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, a sentence with which I will defend you before Allah." On that Abu Jahl and 'Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya said to Abu Talib, "Will you now leave the religion of 'Abdul Muttalib?" Allah's Apostle kept on inviting him to say that sentence while the other two kept on repeating their sentence before him till Abu Talib said as the last thing he said to them, "I am on the religion of 'Abdul Muttalib," and refused to say: None has the right to be worshipped except Allah. On that Allah's Apostle said, "By Allah, I will keep on asking Allah's forgiveness for you unless I am forbidden (by Allah) to do so." So Allah revealed:

'It is not fitting for the Prophet and those who believe that they should invoke (Allah) for forgiveness for pagans.' (Surah At-Taubah 9: 113)

And then Allah revealed and Ayah especially about Abu Talib: 'Verily! You (O, Muhammad) guide not whom you like, but Allah guides whom He will.' (Surah Al-Qasas 28:56)

(Al-Bukhari Book 060, Hadith Number 295.)

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala guide us, keep us on the Siratul-Mustaqeem and join us with His righteous servants in Jannatul-Firdaus Ameen!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1