The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Beware of Praising the Pious

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Safiyyah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Safiyyah

Beware of Praising the Pious  Empty
PostSubject: Beware of Praising the Pious    Beware of Praising the Pious  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:15 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Imam Ahmad recorded that Kharijah bin Zayd bin Thabit, reported that Umm Al-`Ala' -- a woman from the Ansar who had given her pledge of loyalty to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) -- said, "When the Ansar drew lots regarding taking in the Muhajirun to dwell with them, our lot was to have `Uthman bin Maz`un. Later, `Uthman fell sick in our house, so we nursed him until he died, and we wrapped him in his garments (for burial).

Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) then came in, and I said, `O Abu As-Sa'ib! May Allah have mercy on you. I bear witness that Allah has indeed honored you.' Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked,

"How do you know that Allah has honored him" I said, `I do not know -- may my father and mother both be ransoms for you!' Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then said,

“As for him, certainty (death) has reached him from his Lord, and I surely wish well for him. But by Allah, even though I am Allah's Messenger, I do not know what will happen to me (after death)." I then said, `Never will I claim a person to be pious after this.'

This incident caused me some distress, and I went to sleep thereafter. I saw in my dream that `Uthman owned a running water spring. I went to Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and told him about that. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said,

“That was his (good) deeds.'' (Al-Bukhari)

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1