1. Beware of their Aqeedah
2. Beware of letting them imitate the disbelievers (1. Dress 2. Speech 3. Manners).
3. Beware of our language and actions in front of them
4. Beware of spoiling them, because this makes them think that they can get whatever they want, plus it makes them unconcerned with other people (when they're sad or happy).
5. Beware of being harsh and severe it may make the child hate the parents and might make their hearts hard. Narrated 'Aishah: A Bedouin came to the Prophet and said, "You (people) kiss the boys! We don't kiss them." The prophet said, "I cannot put mercy in your heart after Allaah has taken it away from it." (Bukhari vol. 8 # 5998)
6. Having mercy on the children is important, it wins Allah's Mercy
7. Be consistent in what you teach your children (practice what you convey)
8. Constantly remind your child to lower their gaze and cover their private parts, even though they are young.
9. Being careful of arguing in front of the children because this will corrupt the hearts of the children and cause them to hate one of them.
10. Because the parents are stingy, this corrupts the children, because it makes them steal.
11. Beware of spending a lot of time out of the house and not paying attention to your kids.
12. From the bad habits is when the child wants to speak, and the parents tell him/her to be quiet. This gives them or makes them have low self esteem. (We have to be careful).
13. The parents are verily negligent when it comes to the children education.
Your Brothers in Islaam,
The Islamic information and Research Center of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab
(Abu Abdul Hady on "Raising Children in Islam")
Source: Pink Islam