The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj)   Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:49 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 792.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Amr (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) stopped (for a while near the Jimar at Mina) during his last Hajj and the people started asking him questions. A man said, "Ignorantly I got my head shaved before slaughtering." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "Slaughter (now) and there is no harm in it." Another man said, "Unknowingly I slaughtered the Hadi before doing the Rami." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Do Rami now and there is no harm in it." So, on that day, when the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was asked about anything (about the ceremonies of Hajj) done before or after (its stated time) his reply was, "Do it (now) and there is no harm."

Hadith Number 793.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): I witnessed the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) when he was delivering the sermon on the Day of Nahr. A man stood up and said, "I thought that such and such was to be done before such and such. I got my hair shaved before slaughtering." (Another said), "I slaughtered the Hadi before doing the Rami." So, the people asked about many similar things. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Do it (now) and there is no harm in all these cases." Whenever the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was asked about anything on that day, he replied, "Do it (now) and there is no harm in it."

Hadith Number 794.

Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) stopped while on his she-camel (the sub-narrator then narrated the Hadith as above, i.e. 793).

Hadith Number 795.

Narrated by 'Ikrima (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) said: "Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) delivered a sermon on the Day of Nahr, and said, 'O people! (Tell me) what is the day today?' The people replied, 'It is the forbidden (sacred) day.' He asked again, 'What town is this?' They replied, 'It is the forbidden (Sacred) town.' He asked, 'Which month is this?' They replied, 'It is the forbidden (Sacred) month.' He said, 'No doubt! Your blood, your properties, and your honor are sacred to one another like the sanctity of this day of yours, in this (sacred) town (Makkah) of yours, in this month of yours.' The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) repeated his statement again and again. After that he raised his head and said, 'O Allah! Haven't I conveyed (Your Message) to them'. Haven't I conveyed Your Message to them?' " Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) added, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, the following was his will (Prophet’s (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) will) to his followers: It is incumbent upon those who are present to convey this information to those who are absent Beware don't renegade (as) disbelievers (turn into infidels) after me, Striking the necks (cutting the throats) of one another.'"

Hadith Number 796.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): I heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) delivering a sermon at 'Arafat.

Hadith Number 797.

Narrated by Abu Bakra (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) delivered to us a sermon on the Day of Nahr. He said, "Do you know what is the day today?" We said, "Allah and His Messenger know better." He remained silent till we thought that he might give that day another name. He said, "Isn't it the Day of Nahr?" We said, "It is." He further asked, "Which month is this?" We said, "Allah and His Messenger know better." He remained silent till we thought that he might give it another name. He then said, "Isn't it the month of Dhul-Hijjah?" We replied: "Yes! It is." He further asked, "What town is this?" We replied, "Allah and His Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) know it better." He remained silent till we thought that he might give it another name. He then said, "Isn't it the forbidden (Sacred) town (of Makkah)?" We said, "Yes. It is." He said, "No doubt, your blood and your properties are sacred to one another like the sanctity of this day of yours, in this month of yours, in this town of yours, till the day you meet your Lord. No doubt! Haven't I conveyed Allah's message to you? They said, "Yes." He said, "O Allah! Be witness. So it is incumbent upon those who are present to convey it (this information) to those who are absent because the informed one might comprehend it (what I have said) better than the present audience, who will convey it to him. Beware! Do not renegade (as) disbelievers after me by striking the necks (cutting the throats) of one another."

Hadith Number 798.

Narrated by Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu): At Mina, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Do you know what is the day today?" The people replied, "Allah and His Messenger ((Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) know it better." He said, "It is the forbidden (sacred) day. And do you know what town is this?" They replied, "Allah and His Messenger know it better." He said, "This is the forbidden (Sacred) town (Makkah). And do you know which month is this?" The people replied, "Allah and His Messenger know it better." He said, "This is the forbidden (sacred) month." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) added, "No doubt, Allah made your blood, your properties, and your honor sacred to one another like the sanctity of this day of yours in this month of yours in this town of yours." Narrated Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu): On the Day of Nahr (10th of Dhul-Hijja), the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) stood in between the Jamrat during his Hajj which he performed (as in the previous Hadith) and said, "This is the greatest Day (i.e. 10th of Dhul-Hijjah)." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) started saying repeatedly, "O Allah! Be Witness (I have conveyed Your Message)." He then bade the people farewell. The people said, "This is Hajjat-al-Wada)."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj)   Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:51 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 799.

Narrated by Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) permitted (them).

Hadith Number 800.

Narrated by Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu): That the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) allowed (as above).

Hadith Number 801.

Narrated by Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Al-Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) asked the permission from the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) to stay at Makkah during the nights of Mina in order to provide water to the people, so the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) allowed him.

Hadith Number 802.

Narrated by Wabra : I asked Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma), "When should I do the Rami of the Jimar?" He replied, "When your leader does that." I asked him again the same question. He replied, "We used to wait till the sun declined and then we would do the Rami (i.e. on the 11th and 12th of Dhul-Hijjah)."

Hadith Number 803.

Narrated by 'Abdur-Rahman bin Yazid : 'Abdullah, did the Rami from the middle of the valley. So, I said, "O, Abu 'Abdur-Rahman! Some people do the Rami (of the Jamra) from above it (i.e. from the top of the valley)." He said, "By Him except whom none has the right to be worshipped, this is the place from where the one on whom Surat-al-Baqara was revealed (i.e. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) did the Rami."

Hadith Number 804.

Narrated by 'Abdur-Rahman bin Yazid: When 'Abdullah, reached the big Jamra (i.e. Jamrat-ul-Aqaba) he kept the Ka’bah on the left side and Mina on his right side and threw seven pebbles (at the Jamra) and said, "The one on whom Surat-al-Baqarah was revealed (i.e. the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) had done the Rami similarly."

Hadith Number 805.

Narrated by 'Abdur-Rahman bin Yazid : I performed Hajj with Ibn Masud (Radhi Allahu Anhu), and saw him doing Rami of the big Jamra (Jamrat-ul-Aqaba) with seven small pebbles, keeping the Ka’bah on his left side and Mina on his right. He then said, "This is the place where the one on whom Surat-al-Baqarah was revealed (i.e. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)) stood."

Hadith Number 806.

Narrated by Al-Amash: I heard Al-Hajjaj saying on the pulpit, "The Surah in which Al-Baqarah (the cow) is mentioned and the Surah in which the family of 'Imran is mentioned and the Surah in which the women (An-Nisa) is mentioned." I mentioned this to Ibrahim, and he said, 'Abdur-Rahman bin Yazid told me, 'I was with Ibn Masud, when he did the Rami of the Jamrat-ul-Aqaba. He went down the middle of the valley, and when he came near the tree (which was near the Jamra) he stood opposite to it and threw seven small pebbles and said: 'Allahu-Akbar' on throwing every pebble.' Then he said, 'By Him, except Whom none has the right to be worshipped, here (at this place) stood the one on whom Surat-al-Baqarah was revealed (i.e. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)).'"

Hadith Number 807.

Narrated by Salim: Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) used to do Rami of the Jamrat-ud-Dunya (the Jamra near to the Khaif mosque) with seven small stones and used to recite Takbir on throwing every pebble. He then would go ahead till he reached the level ground where he would stand facing the Qiblah for a long time to invoke (Allah) while raising his hands (while invoking). Then he would do Rami of the Jamrat-ul-Wusta (middle Jamra) and then he would go to the left towards the middle ground, where he would stand facing the Qiblah. He would remain standing there for a long period to invoke (Allah) while raising his hands, and would stand there for a long period. Then he would do Rami of the Jamrat-ul-Aqaba from the middle of the valley, but he would not stay by it, and then he would leave and say, "I saw the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) doing like this."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj)   Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:53 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 808.

Narrated by Salim bin Abdullah: 'Abdullah bin ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) used to do Rami of the Jamrat-ud-Dunya with seven small pebbles and used to recite Takbir on throwing each stone. He, then, would proceed further till he reached the level ground, where he would stay for a long time, facing the Qiblah to invoke (Allah) while raising his hands. Then he would do Rami of the Jamrat-ul-Wusta similarly and would go to the left towards the level ground, where he would stand for a long time facing the Qiblah to invoke (Allah) while raising his hands. Then he would do Rami of the Jamrat-ul-'Aqaba from the middle of the valley, but he would not stay by it. Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) used to say, "I saw Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) doing like that."

Hadith Number 809.

Narrated by 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Qasim: I heard my father who was the best man of his age, saying, "I heard ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) saying, 'I perfumed Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) with my own hands before finishing his Ihram while yet he has not performed Tawaf-al-Ifadah.' She spread her hands (while saying so.)"

Hadith Number 810.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): The people were ordered to perform the Tawaf of the Ka’bah (Tawaf-al-Wada') as the lastly thing, before leaving (Makkah), except the menstruating women who were excused.

Hadith Number 811.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) offered the Dhuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib and the 'Isha' prayers and slept for a while at a place called Al-Mahassab and then rode to the Ka’bah and performed Tawaf round it.

Hadith Number 812.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Safiya bint Huyay (Radhi Allahu Anha), the wife of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) got her menses, and Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was informed of that. He said, "Would she delay us?" The people said, "She has already performed Tawaf-al-Ifadah." He (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Therefore she will not (delay us)."

Hadith Number 813.

Narrated by 'Ikrima (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The people of Al-Madinah asked Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) about a woman who got her menses after performing Tawaf-al-Ifadah. He said, "She could depart (from Makkah)." They said, "We will not act on your verdict and ignore the verdict of Zaid." Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) said, "When you reach Al-Madinah, inquire about it." So, when they reached Al-Madinah they asked (about that). One of those whom they asked was Um Sulaim (Radhi Allahu Anhu). She told them the narration of Safiyah (Radhi Allahu Anha) (Hadith no 812).

Hadith Number 814.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): A menstruating woman was allowed to leave Makkah if she had done Tawaf-al-Ifadah. Tawus (a sub-narrator) said from his father, "I heard Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) saying that she would not depart. Then later I heard him saying that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) had allowed them (menstruating women) to depart."

Hadith Number 815.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): We set out with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) with the intention of performing Hajj only. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) reached Makkah and performed Tawaf of the Ka’bah and between Safa and Marwah and did not finish the Ihram, because he had the Hadi with him. His companions and his wives performed Tawaf (of the Ka’bah and between Safa and Marwah), and those who had no Hadi with them finished their Ihram. I got the menses and performed all the ceremonies of Hajj. So, when the Night of Hasba (night of departure) came, I said, "O Allah's Messenger! All your companions are returning with Hajj and 'Umrah except me." He asked me, "Didn't you perform Tawaf of the Ka’bah (Umrah) when you reached Makkah?" I said, "No." He said, "Go to Tan'im with your brother 'Abdur-Rahman, and assume Ihram for 'Umrah and I will wait for you at such and such a place." So I went with 'Abdur-Rahman to Tan'im and assumed Ihram for 'Umrah. Then Safiya bint Huyay got menses. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, " 'Aqra Halqa! You will detain us! Didn't you perform Tawaf-al-Ifadah on the Day of Nahr (slaughtering)?" She said, "Yes, I did." He said, "Then there is no harm, depart." So I met the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) when he was ascending the heights towards Makkah and I was descending, or vice-versa.

Hadith Number 816.

Narrated by 'Abdul-Aziz bin Rufai: I asked Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu), "Tell me something you have observed about the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) concerning where he offered the Dhuhr prayer on the Day of Tarwiya (8th Dhul-Hijjah)." Anas replied, "He offered it at Mina." I said, "Where did he offer the Asr prayer on the Day of Nafr (day of departure from Mina)?" He replied, "At Al-Abtah," and added, "You should do as your leaders do."

Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

PostSubject: Re: Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj)   Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:24 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Hadith Number 817.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) offered the Dhuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib and 'Isha' prayers and slept for a while at a place called Al-Mahassab and then he rode towards the Ka’bah and performed Tawaf (al-Wada').

Hadith Number 818.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): It (i.e. Al-Abtah) was a place where the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to camp so that it might be easier for him to depart.

Hadith Number 819.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Staying at Al-Mahassab is not one of the ceremonies (of Hajj), but Al-Mahassab is a place where Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) camped (during his Hajjat-ul-Wida).

Hadith Number 820.

Narrated by Nafi: Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) used to spend the night at Dhi-Tuwa in between the two Thaniyas and then he would enter Makkah through the Thaniya which is at the higher region of Makkah, and whenever he came to Makkah for Hajj or 'Umrah, he never made his she camel kneel down except near the gate of the Masjid (Sacred Mosque) and then he would enter (it) and go to the Black (stone) Corner and start from there circumambulating the Ka’bah seven times: hastening in the first three rounds (Ramal) and walking in the last four. On finishing, he would offer two Rakat prayer and set out to perform Tawaf between Safa and Marwah before returning to his dwelling place. On returning (to Al-Madinah) from Hajj or 'Umrah, he used to make his camel kneel down at Al-Batha which is at Dhu-l-Hulaifah, the place where the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to make his camel kneel down.

Hadith Number 821.

Narrated by Khalid bin Al-Harith: 'Ubaidullah was asked about Al Mahassab. 'Ubaidullah narrated: Nafi' said, 'Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), ‘Umar and Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhuma) camped there." Nafi' added, "Ibn ‘Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) used to offer the Dhuhr and 'Asr prayers at it (i.e. Al-Mahassab)." I think he mentioned the Maghrib prayer also. I said, "I don't doubt about 'Isha' (i.e. he used to offer it there also), and he used to sleep there for a while. He used to say, 'The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) used to do the same.'"

Hadith Number 822.

Narrated by Ibn ' Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhuma): Dhul-Majaz and 'Ukaz were the markets of the people during the pre-Islamic period of ignorance. When the people embraced Islam, they disliked to do bargaining there till the following Holy Verses were revealed: [coor=green] There is no harm for you If you seek of the bounty Of your Lord (during Hajj by trading, etc.) (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:198) [/color]

Hadith Number 823.

Narrated by ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Safiyah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) got her menses on the night of Nafr (departure from Hajj), and she said, "I see that I will detain you." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Aqra Halqa! Did she perform the Tawaf on the Day of Nahr (slaughtering)?" Somebody replied in the affirmative. He said, "Then depart." (Different narrators mentioned that) ‘Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) said, "We set out with Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) (from Al-Madinah) with the intention of performing Hajj only. When we reached Makkah, he ordered us to finish the Ihram. When it was the night of Nafr (departure), Safiyah bint Huyay got her menses. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Halqa Aqra! I think that she will detain you," and added, "Did you perform the Tawaf (Al-Ifadah) on the Day of Nahr (slaughtering)?" She replied, "Yes." He said, "Then depart." I said, "O Allah's Messenger! I have not (done the Umrah)." He replied, "Perform 'Umrah from Tan'im." My brother went with me and we came across the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) in the last part of the night. He said, "Wait at such and such a place."

Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj) - Page 2 Div36b

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj)   Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Twenty Six - Book of Pilgrimage (Hajj)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2