The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Chapter 15 - The Prayer During a Solar Eclipse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Chapter 15 - The Prayer During a Solar Eclipse Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 15 - The Prayer During a Solar Eclipse   Chapter 15 - The Prayer During a Solar Eclipse EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm

bismillah4

The Prayer During a Solar Eclipse

527. Al-Mughirah bin Shu’bah radiyallahu anhu: narrated, ‘The sun eclipsed during the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa on the day when (his son) Ibrahim died. So, the people said that the sun had eclipsed because of the death of Ibrahim. Allah’s Messenger Sallalahu aleihi wa said, ‘The sun and the moon are two miracles created by Allah. They do not eclipse for the death or life (i.e. birth) of anyone. Should you witness an eclipse of the sun or the moon, pray and invoke Allah until it is over.’ Agree upon. In the narration of Al-Bukhari, ‘Until the eclipse is clear.’

divider
528. Abu Bakrah :raiyallahuanh: narrated, “Pray and invoke Allah until the eclipse (that you are witnessing) is over.” Related by al-Bukhari.

divider
529. ‘Aishah radiyallahu anhu: narrated, ‘The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa recited the Qur’an aloud during the eclipse prayer. He performed four bowings in a total of two rak’at (i.e. he performed the ruku’ twice in each rak’ah), and prostrated four times (i.e. he made sujud twice in each rak’ah).’ Agreed upon, and the wording is from Muslim.
In another narration, he sent a man calling, ‘prayer (is to be performed) in congregation.’

divider
530. Ibn ‘Abbas radiyallahu anhu: narrated, ‘The sun eclipsed during the lifetime of the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa and he prayed the eclipse prayer. He made a lengthy standing, similar to (the time that it takes to) recite Surah al-Baqarah (Surah no. 2). Then he made a long ruku’, after which he stood and made another long recital, but for a shorter time than the first one. Following this, he prostrated (twice). Next, he made another long standing with a long recital, but not as long as the first one. After that, he made another lengthy ruku’ but it was not as long as the first one. Then he made another lengthy ruku’ but it was not as long as he first one. After which he made another long recital but I was not as long as the first one. Again, he made another lengthy ruku’ but it was shorter than the previous one. Following this, he went into sujud (prostration, twice). By the time he finished, the sun had appeared, and he started to address the people.’ Agreed upon, and the wording is from Al-Bukhari.
In a narration by Muslim, ‘When the sun eclipsed, he made Sallalahu aleihi wa eight bowings in two rak’at (i.e. he performed ruku’ four times in each rak’ah), and prostrated four times (i.e. he made sujud twice in each rak’ah). {1}

{1} Some of the scholars are of the opinion that the eclipse prayer is performed this way.

divider
531. Imam Muslim transmitted similar narration on the authority of ‘Ali radiyallahu anhu:

divider
532. Muslim also transmitted the following on the authority of Jabir radiyallahu anhu: , ‘The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa performed six bowings and four prostrations (in two rak’at).’

divider
533. ‘Ubay bin Ka’b radiyallahu anhu: narrated, ‘The Messenger of Allah Sallalahu aleihi wa performed the eclipse prayer, and he made five bowings and two prostrations (in the first rak’ah), and did the same in the second.’ Related by Abu Dawud.

divider
534. Ibn ‘Abbas radiyallahu anhu: narrated, ‘No wind has ever blown, except that the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa would go down on his knees and say, “O Allah, make it a mercy for us and do not make it as a punishment.” Related by Ash-Shaf’I and At-Tabarani.

divider
535. Ibn ‘Abbas radiyallahu anhu: narrated that the Prophet Sallalahu aleihi wa made six bowings and four prostrations (in two rak’at), when an earthquake occurred and said, “This is the prayer (to be performed) when one of the signs of Allah (such as an eclipse, an earthquake etc..) occurs.” Related by Al-Baihaqi.
Imam Ash-Shafi’I transmitted a similar narration, excluding the last part, on the authority of ‘Ali radiyallahu anhu:

Chapter 15 - The Prayer During a Solar Eclipse Eclips10
Back to top Go down

Chapter 15 - The Prayer During a Solar Eclipse
Page 1 of 1