The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

There is no Harm in Supplicating without Purification

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

There is no Harm in Supplicating without Purification Empty
PostSubject: There is no Harm in Supplicating without Purification   There is no Harm in Supplicating without Purification EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:35 pm

:salamou:

Question:

Sometimes when I wake up at two o’clock at night, I supplicate of Allah Almighty silently, but I do so without making ablution, neither do I pray voluntary prayers at that time. Is this permissible, or is it compulsory for me to perform ablution and prayer as well?

Answer:

There is no harm in supplicating without having ablution, as well as when one is in a sate of sexual impurity. Purity is not a condition for invoking Allah Almighty. This is from Allah’s mercy because every person is in need of making supplication at all times.

Nevertheless, you are more likely to have your supplications answered if you are in a state of purity and if you pray especially when you are prostrating.

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said:

“The servant is closest to his Lord when he is prostrating, so supplicate more frequently therein.” (Muslim 482)

Shaikh Ibn Baz. (Rahimahullah)

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 7 Page 280

pinkheartsmall
Back to top Go down

There is no Harm in Supplicating without Purification
Page 1 of 1