The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

If I enter a Religious Gathering, should I give Salutations?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

If I enter a Religious Gathering, should I give Salutations?  Empty
PostSubject: If I enter a Religious Gathering, should I give Salutations?    If I enter a Religious Gathering, should I give Salutations?  EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:16 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Question

What is the best thing to do if a person arrives late for a lecture in collage or a religious gathering and the teacher has already begun speaking, is it best to give salutations, or sit down without giving salutations?

Answer

It is better not to give salutations if this will interrupt the class, or cause annoyance to them. However, if it does not affect them, then giving salutations is a Sunnah for every person arriving at the gathering. In view of this, he should give salutations, and if any of those sitting answers him, it is sufficient.

Shaikh ibn Uthaimin (Rahimahullah)

Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah Volume 1 page 371

Back to top Go down

If I enter a Religious Gathering, should I give Salutations?
Page 1 of 1