The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Empty
PostSubject: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 am

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

Following is the presentation of the book :

Fasting and Its Rulings by Shaikh Usaamah Al-Qoosee

FASTING
- & ITS RULINGS -
By Shaikh Abu Haatim
Usaamah Ibn ‘Abdil-Lateef Al-Qoosee
Translated and Edited by
Abu Sumayyah Muhammad Khan
&
Abu Maryam Isma'eel Alarcon

Regarding the copying of this book:

Please note that I have added some islamic graphics from our sister site http://easelandink.forumotion.com for beautification purpose, but no words, no dots or punctuation marks have been changed.

To proceed:

rosebar
]Fasting and Its Rulings by Shaikh Usaamah Al-Qoosee
www.al-manhaj.com
©️ Copyright www.al-manhaj.com
Published on-line by www.al-manhaj.com
The official web site of:
The Salafi Society of North America
(temporary address)
87-63 125th Street
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
USA
URL: www.al-manhaj.com
E-mail: info@al-manhaj.com
Tel/Fax: (718) 849-0378
Cell: (917) 287-1331
The following document is an on-line book publishing of www.al-manhaj.com. This
book was formatted and designed specifically for being placed on the Web and for its
easy and convenient distribution. At the time of this e-book publishing, we are not aware
of any other book similar to it, in terms of its translation from its original Arabic source.
Since this book was prepared for free on-line distribution we grant permission for it to be
printed, disbursed, photocopied, reproduced and/or distributed by electronic means
for
the purpose of spreading its content and not for the purpose of gaining a profit
, unless a

specific request is sent to the publishers and permission is granted.

rosebar

n.b.
Unfortunately, the english website Al-manhaj does not exist anymore, but through this book, we can still benefit from them, and may Allah reward them in good for their work. Inshallah, they will be back one day.

Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Khadigraphic

Last edited by BookLover on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://easelandink.forumotion.com
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:40 am

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Foreword……………………………………………….…...……………... 5
An Autobiography of Shaikh Usaamah Al-Qoosee……..……..………….. 6
Introduction………………………….….……..…………………..………. 10
The Obligation of Fasting……..…………………...……….……………... 12
Taqwaa: The Wisdom Behind Fasting.…..……..………..……………….. 14
The Rulings of Fasting….………………….……….……………….….…. 15
Some Things a Fasting Person is allowed to do…….……...…….……….. 17
Recommended Acts in Fasting….…………...……...……...…….……….. 19
The Last Ten Nights of Ramadaan…………..……...……...…….……….. 20
The 'Eid Prayer and Zakaat-ul-Fitr……………...……..…...…….……….. 22
Some Authentic Ahaadeeth about Fasting………………………………… 24
Some Weak Ahaadeeth about Fasting……………………………..……… 26
A Fatwa on Determining the Beginning and End of Ramadaan……….…. 28
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 am

5 www.al-manhaj.com

rosebar

FOREWORD

Verily all praise is due to Allaah, we praise Him, we seek His assistance and we ask for His
forgiveness. And we seek refuge in Allaah from the evils of our selves and the evils of our
actions. Whoever Allaah guides none can lead him astray and whoever is led astray, none can
guide Him. I testify that there is no god that has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, alone
and with no partner. And I testify that Muhammad is His slave and final messenger.
To Proceed:
The book before you is a translation of a small pocket-size booklet written by Shaikh Usaamah
Al-Qoosee, which was given the title "As-Siyaam wa Ahkaamuhu" (Fasting and Its Rulings).
We embarked on the project of translating, formatting and printing this book in the English
Language for the month of Ramadaan (December 2000). Two thousand copies of this book were
printed by the second week of Ramadaan and over a thousand were distributed for free. A
portion of the remaining books were sold to some local bookstores to raise funds, while a few
remaining copies stayed with us for our records. During that same month of Ramadaan, we made
this book available over the Internet as a free downloadable book in PDF (Acrobat) format. By
the Grace of Allaah, many Muslims downloaded the book and benefited from it greatly.
We have taken the original book and reformatted it so that it can be better viewed over the
Internet as well as from its downloaded file. Some of the changes we made were replacing
certain fonts for others, adding headings for each section, dividing sections up into their own
pages, and providing a Table of Contents that links to each section chosen. We have also added
the author's autobiography to add to the benefits of this book. Lastly, as with all of our e-books,
we provided front and back covers, so that our readers may assemble their books at their own
convenience and store it in their libraries along with their other Islaamic books.
Lastly, we hope that this book serves as a source of benefit for the Muslim ummah and that it is a
cause for them to be guided to the truth and to the way of worshipping Allaah correctly. We also
ask Allaah that He place this noble work on the scale of good deeds of all those who were
involved in its production and distribution. We hope that everyone that reads this can pass it on
to their Muslim brothers and sisters, whether by printing them a copy or giving them the book
file, so that they too can partake in the benefit.

rosebar

Written by:
Isma'eel Alarcon
For The Salafi Society of North America
On April 9, 2001

red rose1
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:01 am

AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF SHAIKH USAAMAH AL-QOOSEE

My Name and Lineage:

divider

Usaamah Ibn 'Abd-il-Lateef Ibn Mahmood Al-Qoosee Al-Hajaajee

My Family Lineage:

divider

It traces back to Abul-Hajaaj Al-Aqsaree, whose name was Yusuf Ibn 'Abd-ir-Raheem Ibn
Ghazee Al-Qurshee.1 May Allaah free him of the polytheistic and innovatory practices that occur
at his gravesite.

My Birth:
divider

I was born in the morning of the Day of 'Arafah in 1373H (7/8/1954) in Cairo, Egypt.

My Upbringing:
divider

I was born in Egypt, in the Muski area in Shiyaadah Al-Munaasarah2 behind Daar Al-Kutub.3
And I was brought up in the house of my mother's father for the period of a year. Then my father
moved to a residence in the Hadaa'iq Al-Qubbah area. This is where I grew up and spent the
length of my youth, adolescence and early adulthood. During this time, I pursued my general
grade-levels studies in the Nuqraashi School, which have the pattern of primary level (6 years),
then secondary level (3 years), and then high school level (3 years). Thereafter, I obtained
entrance into a college for medicine in the University of 'Ain Shams, where I remained for five
years studying medicine. During this period in time, I learned Tajweed from some of my
colleagues at school, and I memorized what I was able to of the Qur'aan. The Correct Path of
Islaam was not wholly clear to me at that time due to the large amount of Hizbees (partisans),
activists, Takfeerees, Sufis and so on that were around me. Then I received the opportunity to
make 'Umrah along with my classmates on a college trip, during the month of Ramadaan in
1397H (1977 CE). So this served as the start of my search for knowledge and my being guided to
the path of the Salaf As-Saalih.

My Search for Knowledge:

divider

In Makkah, I met some students of knowledge from Saudi Arabia and other parts of the world. In
turn, they introduced me to some of the scholars and mashaayikh, and I began to understand that
there was something called talab-ul-'ilm (Seeking Knowledge). So I attended some classes in the
Haram at Makkah, taught by Shaikh Badee'-ud-Deen Ar-Raashidee As-Sindee, the Muhaddith of
the land of Sind, may Allaah have mercy on him. I also visited his house and his library, which
was filled with remarkable books and non-printed manuscripts. After Ramadaan, I moved to the
city of Madeenah and there I met Shaikh Abee 'Abd-ir-Rahmaan Muqbil Ibn Haadee Al-
Waadi'ee, may Allaah preserve him, the Muhaddith of the lands of Yemen. At that time, he was
studying in the advanced-levels section in the Islaamic University of Madeenah. And he was
very close to finishing his treatise on the two books "Al-Ilzaamaat" and "At-Tatabbu'" of Imaam
Ad-Daaraqutnee, may Allaah have mercy on him. I began to attend his classes on the book
Jaami' At-Tirmidhee, but it was as if I was hearing mysterious words and riddles!
Then I traveled to Qaseem and there I met the Shaikh, the Haafidh, the Muhaddith of the lands of
Najd, 'Abdullaah Ad-Duwaish, may Allaah have mercy on him. And I attended some of his
gatherings in his home in the city of Buraidah. I was amazed by his abstinence (of this world) his
humbleness, his diligence, his striving and his patience with seeking and acquiring knowledge (by
reading and studying). This was such that he almost lost his eyesight (because of his studies)
while in the prime of his youth, and it was to the extent that when I saw him I imagined he was
much older than me, whereas he was my same age. At that time, he was memorizing the Six
Books (of the Sunnah) 4 completely with their chains of narration and their texts. And he was at
the point of completing his memorization of the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad. And at the same
time, he was studying Imaam Muslim's introduction to his Saheeh. Meanwhile, I was amazed
and overcome at what I saw and heard. I could not get myself to believe that such a person
existed in our world. After this, I returned to Madeenah and Makkah and there I would frequent
the classes of our Shaikh, Shaikh Muqbil at his house in Madeenah time after time.
During the time I spent in Saudi Arabia, I resolved on making two decisions, of which only one
of them came through. The first was to abandon continuing my studies in the field of medicine
and to instead preoccupy myself with studying the Islaamic sciences. And the second was to stay
permanently in Madeenah, the city of Allaah's Messenger, but this did not come through. So I
returned to Egypt in 1398H (1978 CE) because Saudi Arabia did not grant me the iqaamah
(residential status) to remain there. Nevertheless, I did not go back on my other resolution to
study the Islaamic sciences, especially since I had gotten a taste of its sweetness during that year.
I also forgot to mention that while making Hajj that year, Allaah enabled me to meet the Shaikh,
the Imaam, the Muhaddith of the lands of Shaam, rather the Muhaddith of the whole world,
Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee, may Allaah have mercy on him, several times in both
Makkah and Madeenah. This included one time in which I saw him face to face at the place
where he was staying in Madeenah. This was during the month of Thul-Hijjah, 1397AH. I had
seen him before about a year or two ago - I don't recall now - when the Shaikh came to Egypt for
purposes of giving Da'wah, due to which he gave a number of lectures. However, I was far away
from him, sitting in the back of the masjid, and I was not able to get a good look at him. Also,
another thing that my Lord blessed me with that year I made the Islaamic Hajj was that I
memorized much of the Qur'aan, such that I completed a month of memorizing and I had
memorized close to eight (8) ajzaa (parts) of the Qur'aan in a month.
After returning to Egypt, I married and then moved to Yemen towards the end of the year 1399H
(1979 CE), when news reached me that our Shaikh, Abu 'Abd-ir-Rahmaan (Muqbil Ibn Haadee)
returned to his country of Yemen. So I traveled to him along with my wife, and I stayed with him
for almost a complete year drinking from his fountain of knowledge, night and day.

rosebar

to be continued Inshallah

Footnotes:

1 This is how Adh-Dhahabee mentioned it in his book Siyar A'alaam An-Nubalaa (pg. 23-148) and he
described him as being the "Big One", the "Zaahid."
2 This is an area within the Muski location.
3 This is a famous landmark in Egypt, where people used to sell books, hence its name Daar Al-Kutub
(Place of the Books). Now it is mostly reserved for administrative offices.
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:33 am

divider

And I would not separate from him except when I had to sleep at night. This was the happiest year of my life,
in which I accompanied the Shaikh for almost a complete year, seeking to study Saheeh Al-
Bukhaaree under him. And he (Shaikh Muqbil) agreed to this, so this was the beginning of the
class, which the Shaikh continued to teach after many years, even after my journey from Yemen
to Egypt in 1405H (1985).
During this year, I would attend all of the Shaikh's classes - the class on Tafseer Ibn Katheer after
Fajr, the class on Jaami' At-Tirmidhee in the forenoon, the class on Sunan Abee Dawood after
Dhuhr, the class on 'Aqeedah At-Tahaawiyyah with its explanation by Ibn Abee Al-'Izz and the
explanation of Qatr-un-Nadaa of Ibn Hishaam from after 'Asr to just before Maghrib. Then there
was a class on Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree between Maghrib and 'Ishaa, and a class on Saheeh Muslim
after 'Ishaa. And apart form this, I would research hadeeth from the books of the Sunnah in the
Shaikh's library in between these classes every time I got the chance to do so. And I would ask
the Shaikh on what I found difficulty with concerning chains of narration, narrators and the
ahaadeeth. After the year's end, some people from the neighboring towns, close to the area of the
Shaikh, came requesting for one of his students to go and teach them and their children. The
Shaikh selected me for this task, so I traveled to their town called Wadi Al-Kunaa, and I stayed
with them for the length of five years, teaching and acquiring what knowledge of the Islamic
sciences I could from my studies of the Books of the Sunnah and my research with them.
I returned to Egypt in 1405H (1985). During the time I had spent in Yemen, which was six years
in total, I wrote a book about the Adhaan. I finished transcribing it into printable form when I
reached Egypt and the book was printed in 1408H (1987). During this time, I was already back in
Cairo, learning, teaching and spreading this blessed Salafee Da'wah as much as I was able to.
In Ramadaan of 1418H (1999), I made 'Umrah and during this time, I met Shaikh Rabee' Ibn
Haadee Al-Madkhalee, may Allaah preserve him, in Madeenah. Also, my Lord blessed me by
allowing me the ability to see Muhammad Ibn Saalih Al-'Uthaimeen in the Haram (Ka'bah) of
Makkah, who was teaching a class on the second floor. Then, my Lord added to my blessing by
allowing me to meet with Shaikh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdillaah Ibn Baaz in his office in Makkah.
This was a private meeting that was held on the evening of the 26th day of Ramadaan, after 'Asr to
just before Maghrib. This was the first time that I saw the Shaikh and the last time, may Allaah
have mercy on him. On this trip, I also met the noble brother, Shaikh 'Alee Ibn Hasan Al-
Halabee for the first time, also in the Haram. And I also met the noble brother Dr. Baasim Ibn
Faisal Al-Jawabirah and the noble brother, Dr. Khaalid Ibn 'Alee Al-'Anbaree.
Then Allaah enabled me to make another 'Umrah in the month of Rajab 1420 H, during which
time I met many scholars and students of knowledge. Among them was Shaikh 'Abdul-Muhsin
Ibn Hamd Al-'Abbaad Al-Badr, who I saw in his classes and I also visited him in his home in
Madeenah. Also, there was the noble shaikh, Faalih Ibn Naafi' Al-Harbee and Shaikh Dr.
Ibraaheem Ibn 'Aamir Ar-Ruhailee, who invited me for dinner with him, where I also met with
Shaikh Dr. Saalih As-Suhaimee. During this journey, I also met with the noble brother 'Abdul-
Malik Ibn Ahmad Ramadaanee Al-Jazaa'iree in Madeenah. Then in Makkah, I visited our
Shaikh, Rabee' Ibn Haadee Al-Madkhalee and there I met Shaikh 'Umar Bazmool. I also attended
the classes of Shaikh Saalih Al-'Abood and Shaikh Husain Aali Shaikh in the Prophet's Mosque.

divider

And when in Makkah, I attended the classes on Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree given by Shaikh
Wasiyyullaah 'Abaasee.
During my trips to the United States, I met Dr. Saalih Ibn Ghaanim As-Sadlaan, Shaikh Saleem
Al-Hilaalee, and Shaikh Muhammad Musa Nasr.
From the people of knowledge whom I met in Egypt were Shaikh Muhammad 'Alee 'Abdur-
Raheem, rahimahullaah, the previous president of Jamaa'at Ansaar As-Sunnah Al-
Muhammadiyyah in Egypt, and also Shaikh Muhammad Ibn 'Abdil-Wahhaab Ibn Marzooq Al-
Bannaa, may Allaah preserve him.
Allaah also blessed me to meet many people of knowledge and students of knowledge, other than
those mentioned above and who carry the Da'wah in the east and the west, the amount of which I
cannot account for due to their large number. And Allaah is sufficient for me and for them, and
He alone is the One who guides to the Straight Path.

divider

My Books:
The Book of Adhaan
Fasting and Its Rulings (which is the present book before you)
Guard your Covenants
Written by Abu Haatim Usaamah Ibn 'Abdil-Lateef Al-Qoosee at the beginning of Rabee'-ul-
Awwal 1421H at the request of the brothers in charge of SSNA

divider

4 Such as Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree, Saheeh Muslim and the Sunans of An-Nasaa'ee, At-Tirmidhee, Ibn Maajah
and Abu Dawood.

Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Khadigraphic-1

Last edited by BookLover on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:55 pm

INTRODUCTION

red rose

Verily, all praise is due to Allaah, we praise Him, we ask for His help and we seek His
forgiveness. And we seek refuge in Allaah from the evils within ourselves and the evils of our
actions. Whomsoever Allaah guides, there is no one that can lead him astray. And whomsoever
is led astray, there is no one that can guide him. I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of
worship except Allaah – He is alone and with no partner. And I bear witness that Muhammad is
His slave and His messenger.

To proceed: Fasting is one of the aspects of worship that is done entirely for Allaah, in which a
Muslim responds to the rulings of his Lord – the One, the Only – by abstaining from food, drink
and sexual intercourse with his wife during the day, believing that this abstaining is obedience to
Allaah. So he renews his covenant with Allaah through this fast, confirming that the only reason
for his existence in this life is to actualize complete servitude to the One who created him and all
that exists – the One who says in His Book:

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ
“I have not created the Jinn and Mankind except that they should worship Me.” [Surah
Adh-Dhaariyaat: 56]

This is the absolute servitude with its complete and comprehensive understanding, which is
displayed in the servant’s responding to the Way of his Lord and the Laws of his Creator in every
small and big matter from the affairs of his life, whether in knowledge (belief) or action (sayings
and doings). Allaah says:

قُلْ إِنَّ صَلَاتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ ۖ وَبِذَ‌ٰلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَا أَوَّلُ الْمُسْلِمِينَ

“Say: ‘Verily, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allaah, Lord of the
worlds. He has no partner. And that was what I was commanded (with) and I am the first
of the Muslims.’”
[Surah Al-An’aam: 162-163]
This servitude – with the previously mentioned understanding – is seen at times in the prostration
of the person praying, and at times it is seen in the hunger and thirst of the one fasting. It is seen
at times in the supplication of a distressed person when he turns away from calling the people,
towards calling Allaah. At other times, it is seen when the pilgrim, making Hajj, throws pebbles
in one of the stations of (Hajj) and in a woman’s covering of her body and adornment. And
sometimes it is seen in the consummation of the marriage between a young Muslim male and
female, so that it could be a means for lowering their gazes and protecting their private parts.
And at times it is seen in the Islamic punishment that is established by the ruler on a person that
has committed adultery or theft. It is seen when someone removes an obstacle from the road or
when a man who has money, which he is obligated to pay Zakaat on, gives his due Zakaat. It is
seen at times when the wife obeys her husband and behaves well with him, and at times in the
obedience and good treatment of a child to his parents. And sometimes it is seen in showing
compassion and affection to an orphan, and at times it is seen in giving water to a thirsty dog, etc.
Indeed these things show the greatness of this Religion, which many, many people are ignorant
about:

ذَ‌ٰلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَـٰكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ

“This is the (true) straight Religion, but most men know not.” [Surah Yusuf: 40]

With this understanding and from this description of greatness, I will extend my humble words on
Fasting and Its Rulings , hoping that Allaah accepts it and that the Muslims answer to it (by
acting on it) as well as benefit from it. And I ask Allaah that he rectify the condition of the
Muslims by it and that He return them to the truth. Indeed Allaah has power over that and is able
to do it. I put my trust in Him and to Him I repent.

red rose

To be continued Inshallah.
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:21 pm

THE OBLIGATION OF FASTING

In the name of Allaah, the most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy

Fasting is an obligation, which Allaah prescribed on every Muslim5 that is sane and has reached

the age of puberty. Allaah says:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

"O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you,

in order that you may attain Taqwaa." [Surah Al-Baqarah: 183]

The specified time when it becomes obligatory is the month of Ramadaan of every year. Allaah

says:

"The month of Ramadaan in which was revealed the Qur'aan, a guidance for mankind and

a clear proof for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of

you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadaan), then he must

observe the Fast (that month)." [Surah Al-Baqarah: 185]

Fasting in the month of Ramadaan is one of the pillars of Islaam. The Prophet, sallAllaahu

'alayhi wa sallam, said: "Islam is built on five things:

1) Testifying that there is no deity
worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah,

(2) Establishing the Prayer,

(3) Giving the Zakaat,

(4) Performing Hajj, and

(5) Fasting in Ramadaan."
[Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

So whoever breaks his fast intentionally in the month of Ramadaan without a valid Islamic

excuse, he has destroyed one of the pillars of Islaam and stepped into the realm of great danger.

The person who is fasting abstains from food, drink and sexual intercourse with his wife –

intending6 worship by that – from dawn until sunset. So when the sun sets, all of these things

become permissible for him.

divider

5 - The word “Muslim” includes both male and female.
6 - The place for the intention is the heart, so it should not be pronounced (on the tongue).
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:47 am

Allaah says:

أُحِلَّ لَكُمْ لَيْلَةَ الصِّيَامِ الرَّفَثُ إِلَىٰ نِسَائِكُمْ ۚ هُنَّ لِبَاسٌ لَّكُمْ وَأَنتُمْ لِبَاسٌ لَّهُنَّ

“It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of Fasting.
They are a covering for you and you are a covering for them.” [Surah Al-Baqarah: 187]

And Allaah says in the same ayah:

وَكُلُوا وَاشْرَبُوا حَتَّىٰ يَتَبَيَّنَ لَكُمُ الْخَيْطُ الْأَبْيَضُ
مِنَ الْخَيْطِ الْأَسْوَدِ مِنَ الْفَجْرِ

“And eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the
black thread (darkness of night). Then complete your fast until the nightfall." [Surah Al-
Baqarah: 187]

TAQWAA: THE WISDOM BEHIND FASTING
divider

Taqwaa7 is one of the greatest goals and most important reasons behind fasting.
Allaah says:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ
عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

"O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you,
in order that you may attain Taqwaa." [Surah Al-Baqarah: 183]

And the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “Fasting is a shield.”8 [Saheeh Al-
Bukhaaree]
So fasting prevents a person from committing what Allaah hates, thus protecting him from
Allaah's punishment. If the person that is fasting is able to prevent himself from what is generally
permissible for him – such as food, drink and sexual relations with his wife – he will be more able
and likely to prevent himself from those things generally forbidden for him, such as lying,
backbiting, slandering, cursing, vain passing of time 9 and bad behavior. Therefore, the one who
does not understand this matter will not achieve anything from his fasting, except hunger and
thirst.

The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “If one of you is fasting, he should not use
obscene language nor shout nor act ignorantly.10 And if someone speaks abusively to him or
wants to fight with him, he should say: 'I am fasting, I am fasting.'”
[Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree]

And the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “Whoever does not abstain from false
speech and acting upon that (false speech), Allaah is not in need of him leaving his food and
his drink.”
[Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree]

divider

7 - [Editor's Note: Taqwaa means to protect oneself from doing anything that Allaah hates or is not pleased
with. It is to do what Allaah has commanded and to abstain from what Allaah has forbidden. So fasting
builds Taqwaa since by fasting one abstains from the forbidden things and thus protects himself from sins
and from gaining Allaah's anger – and this is Taqwaa.]
8 - The word used in this hadeeth “junnah” means: fortification, a shield and protection.
9 - From the prohibited types of vain passing of time is: Being obsessed with entertainment tools and musical
instruments, such as the television and videos, which are used to watch what Allaah hates such as dancing,
nudity, intermingling (between the sexes) and wickedness. And beware O Muslim of being deceived by
something called religious films and network series (broadcasted over the TV and radio), for they are from
the footsteps of the Devil, like poison in honey.
10 - Everything that Allaah and His Messenger have prohibited from vile manners, then that is from
ignorance.

Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Khadigraphic

to be continued Inshallah.
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:33 pm

Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Moz-screenshotTHE RULINGS OF FASTING
Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee 4845

A sick person and a traveler11 are allowed to break their fast in Ramadaan. They must make up
the days that they missed (by fasting other days) at a later time, even if the days are not fasted
consecutively. Allaah says:

Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Albaqarah185

Those who are not able to fast, such as the elderly man and elderly woman (past age of
childbearing),12 may break their fast and instead feed a needy person for every day that is missed.
This is due to their falling under the saying of Allaah:
Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Albaqarahpartayah184

based on the interpretation (of this ayah) found in authentic narrations of
some of the Companions. As a matter of fact, this happened to one of the Companions, for Anas
Ibn Maalik, radyAllaah 'anhu, reported that he was weak one year and could not fast. So he made
a bowl of porridge and called thirty needy people and fed them." [Reported by Ad-Daraqutnee
with an authentic chain of narration]
If a pregnant woman or a breast-feeding woman fears for herself or for her children, she may
break her fast and instead feed a needy person for each day missed. This is based on her falling
under the generality of the ruling found in the previous ayah. And according to the most correct
opinion,13 these two types of women do not have to make up for the missed days of fasting (i.e.
by fasting other days).
Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee 4845
It is not permissible for a menstruating woman and a postpartum bleeding woman to observe the
fast until they stop bleeding. So when they stop bleeding, they must make up for the days of
fasting they missed. And they do not have to make up for the prayers they missed during that
time,14 as is authentically established in the Prophet's Sunnah, where he said: "Is it not true that
when a woman is menstruating, she neither prays nor fasts?"
[Part of a hadeeth reported by
Al-Bukhaaree]

Anyone that eats or drinks out of forgetfulness is not obligated to make up for a missed day or to
expiate. Rather, he must just complete his fasting (for that day). The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi
wa sallam, said: “Whoever forgets while he is fasting and eats or drinks, then let him
complete his fast, for it was indeed Allaah who fed him and gave him to drink.”
[Reported by
Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

The ruling for anyone that breaks the fast due to a mistake15 or because he is forced to is the same
ruling as that of the one who breaks his fast out of forgetfulness. This is based on the generality
of the Prophet's, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, saying: “Verily, Allaah has excused for my
ummah (sins they commit due to) mistakes, forgetfulness and what they are forced to do.”

[Reported by Ibn Maajah and others, and it is authentic due to all of its paths of narration]

Whoever eats or drinks intentionally during the day in Ramadaan without any valid excuse that
allows him to do that has committed a sin and has nullified his fast. It is obligatory on him to
repent from that great sin and to make up that missed day of fasting.

Anyone that has sexual intercourse with his wife during the day in Ramadaan, while they are both
fasting, both of their fasts are broken. And it is obligatory for both of them or (perhaps) one of
them to repent. And they must both make up that broken day of fasting and he must do the
Expiation (kaffaarah). The Expiation is freeing a slave. If it is not possible to find a slave, then
he must fast two consecutive months. If he is not able to do that, then he must feed sixty needy
people, as is stated in the story of the man who had sexual intercourse with his wife during the
day in Ramadaan. [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree]

And in some narrations of the hadeeth, other than that of Al-Bukhaaree's, there is a command to
make up for the missed day of fasting. [Authenticated by Al-Haafidh Ibn Hajr in Fath-ul-Baaree]
There is no harm in a person tasting food with his tongue, while he is fasting, on the condition
that nothing enters (his throat). This is since it is not truthful to say that a person who tastes food
is in fact eating or drinking.
Footnotes:
11- No one is permitted to break the fast and make it up another day except these two, since Allaah did not
mention a text for anyone besides them. “And your Lord is not forgetful.” So the fatwa given by some
contemporary (scholars) that it is permitted for school and college students to break their fast during
examination times, and also for those people who have hard-labor occupations is not correct.

12 - And likewise the sick person that has a chronic disease – who is not able to fast with it, nor is it expected
that he will be cured in the confines of the means that Allaah has enabled.

13 - This is the opinion of Ibn ‘Abbaas and Ibn’Umar, radyAllaahu 'anhumaa. And it is not known that any of
the other Companions opposed them in that. For a further discussion on this, refer to the book “Fasting in
Ramadaan” of Shaikh Saleem Al-Hilaalee and ‘Alee Hasan ‘Alee Abdul Hameed Al-Halabee.

14 - What some women do – such as intentionally leaving off food and drink during the condition of menses,
then taking a sip of water before sunset – has no basis to it. Rather it is in opposition to the Sunnah.

15 -Such as the one who thinks it is still nighttime and thus eats. Then it becomes clear to him that the sun
has risen, and that it is Fajr. Or like the one who hears the Aadhaan over the radio and thus breaks his fast,
but finds out that it is an Adhaan from another country that has a different timing.

Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Khadigraphic-1

to be continued Inshallah...
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:47 pm

SOME THINGS A FASTING PERSON IS ALLOWED TO DO

The following things are allowable for a fasting person to do:

1. Taking a bath and pouring cold water over oneself, as well as gargling to cool and moisten
the mouth and tongue.

2. Hijaamah (Cupping) and anything that resembles it,16 so long as it doesn’t lead to weakness,
for then it would be disliked (makrooh). "The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam,
received Hijaamah while he was fasting.” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree]
As for the hadeeth: “The person doing the Hijaamah and the one receiving the Hijaamah
may break their fast"
, then it is abrogated, for that used to be in the beginning of Islaam.

3. Using the Siwaak (tooth-stick). This is based on the generality of the Prophet's, sallAllaahu
'alayhi wa sallam, saying: "If it were not that I would be putting my nation to hardship I
would have ordered them to use the Siwaak along with every wudoo
.” [Reported by Al-
Bukhaaree]

The person who is fasting is not exempted from this because the Siwaak is highly
recommended at all times without exception – in Ramadaan and out of Ramadaan, before the
sunrise and after it.

4. Delaying the bath (ghusl) that is necessary after sexual intercourse (from the previous night)
until after Fajr starts: It is authentically reported that the time for Fajr would come in while
the Prophet was in a state of Janaabah (sexual impurity) from his wives. So he, sallAllaahu
'alayhi wa sallam, would bathe (perform ghusl) and fast." [Reported in Al-Bukhaaree and
Muslim]

5. Kissing, embracing and fondling the wife, without having sexual intercourse. This is unless
the man fears for himself that he will fall into the act of intercourse, for then he must avoid
this. 'Aa'isha, radyAllaah 'anhaa, reported that: "Allaah's Messenger, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa
sallam, would kiss and embrace (his wives) while he was fasting. But he had more power
to control his desires than any of you.
" [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

6. Applicable medicines (such as creams or injections) that do not go to the stomach, so long as
they do not serve the purpose of food and drink 17

7. Using kohl (a black substance applied to the eyelids) and eye-drops

8. Swallowing one’s saliva or its likes, which normally flow from the mouth or the nose to the
throat.18

The person who is fasting must beware of going too deep when inhaling water (up the nose or
mouth) during wudoo, based on the saying of the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam: “Go
deep when inhaling water (during wudoo) unless you are fasting.
” [Reported by the collectors
of the Sunan with an authentic chain of narration]

Footnotes:
16 - Such as the opening of a vein, a blood transfusion and a blood discharge.

17 - Such as glucose and other nutritious injections that flow directly through the blood, for even though it
does not go to the stomach, it still serves as food and drink. So fasting is not valid with it.

18 - Such as mucus or the dust that floats in the atmosphere, as well as all that one is not able to repel from
inhaling, since Allaah will not hold a person accountable for something that he has no control over.

To be continued Inshallah...
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:04 pm

RECOMMENDED ACTS OF FASTING

The pre-dawn meal (suhoor) is highly recommended for those who fast. And delaying it until
just before Fajr is more rewarding and more blessed. The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam,
said: “Have suhoor for verily there is blessing in the suhoor.” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and
Muslim]

Anas, radyAllaah 'anhu, reported on Zaid Ibn Thaabit, radyAllaah 'anhu, that he said: “We had
suhoor with the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, then he stood up for the prayer.” I (Anas)
said: “How much time was there between the Adhaan and the suhoor?” He said: “The length of
time it takes to recite fifty ayaat.”
[Reported by Al-Bukhaaree]

It is recommended for those fasting to hasten in breaking the fast as soon as the sun sets. The
Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “The people will not cease to be upon good so long
as they hasten in breaking the fast.
And he, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “When the
night comes from here and the day leaves from here, and the sun sets, the fasting person
must break his fast.”
[Both of these hadeeths are reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

It is recommended to break the fast before praying, with fresh dates, but if not, then with dry
dates, and if not, then with water. “The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, used to break
the fast before praying with fresh dates. But if there were no fresh dates, he used to break it
with dry dates. And if there were no dry dates, he would take sips of water.”
[Reported by
At-Tirmidhee with a sound chain of narration]

It is recommended for the person fasting to spend time in reciting and studying the Qur’aan, and
in sitting with the people of righteousness and knowledge, as well as increasing in giving away
charity for good causes during Ramadaan. “The Prophet, sallAllaahu ' alayhi wa sallam, was the
most generous amongst people. And the time when he was the most generous was in the
month of Ramadaan when Jibreel would meet him. Jibreel used to meet him every night
during Ramadaan until it ended, in which the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, would
present him with the Qur’aan. When Jibreel used to meet him, he, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa
sallam, was more generous with good than the fair wind.”
[Reported Al-Bukhaaree and
Muslim]

Footnotes:

19 - From this, you can see the falsehood that the Shi’ah in Iran and other lands are upon, from their delaying
of breaking the fast until the appearance of some stars. So there is a testimony in this hadeeth that these
people are not upon good. Therefore my Muslim brother: Hold on to the Sunnah and do not be deceived by them.

Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 pm

THE LAST TEN NIGHTS OF RAMADAAN

The Night Prayer 20 in Ramadaan is a cause for attaining the forgiveness of sins. The Prophet,
sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “Whoever stands (in night prayer) during Ramadaan with
faith and seeking reward (from Allaah), all of his previous sins will be forgiven.
[Al-
Bukhaaree and Muslim]

‘Aa’isha, radyAllaah 'anhaa, clarified the number of rak’aat for the Night Prayer, as the Prophet,
sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, used to pray it. “The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, did
not exceed eleven (11) rak’aat in Ramadaan or out of it.”
[Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and
Muslim] 21

“When the last ten days of Ramadaan would come, the Prophet, would tighten his waistwrapper
(izaar), spend the night in worship, and wake his family.”
[Reported by Al-
Bukhaaree and Muslim]

And “Allaah’s Messenger, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, would exert himself in the last ten
days (of Ramadaan) more than he would at other times.”
[Reported by Muslim]

And “The Messenger of Allaah, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, would perform ‘Itikaaf
(seclusion in the masjid) during the last ten days of Ramadaan.”
[Reported by Al-Bukhaaree
and Muslim]

“When the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, wanted to perform ‘Itikaaf, he would pray
Fajr (in the masjid) and then begin his ‘Itikaaf.”
22 [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

One of the most important reasons why the last ten nights are so honorable is because Laylat-ul-
Qadr (The Night of Decree) falls in it. Allaah says:

“Laylat-ul-Qadr is better than a thousand months.” [Surah Al-Qadr: 3]

And He says:

“Indeed, We revealed it (this Qur’aan) on a blessed night.” [Surah Ad-Dukhaan: 3]

The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “Whoever stands in night prayer during
Laylat-ul-Qadr with faith and seeking reward (from Allaah), his past sins will be forgiven.”
[Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim] And he, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “On the
morning following Laylat-ul-Qadr, the sun rises not having any rays.”
23 [Reported by
Muslim]

This was the sign one of the Companions 24 used to determine that Laylat-ul-Qadr was the twenty seventh
night of Ramadaan and Allaah knows best.

Footnotes:

20 - Commonly known as Salaat-ut-Taraweeh
21 - The report that the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, prayed twenty rak'aat is not authentic, nor the
report that 'Umar, radyAllaahu anhu, did it.
22 - Based on this, the start of 'Itikaaf should begin on the morning of the twentieth day, immediately after
Salaat-ul-Fajr. This is because Al-Bukhaaree reported a hadeeth that indicates that one should leave 'Itikaaf
in the morning also – meaning the morning of the thirtieth day. And he (Al-Bukhaaree) named this
chapter: "The one who leaves his 'Itikaaf during the morning."
23 - It appears round like the moon.
24 - He is Ubay Bin Ka'ab, radyAllaahu 'anhu.

Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Inshallah, will resume posting from monday 05 July Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee 620332 Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee 329246
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:11 am

THE 'EED PRAYER AND ZAKAAT-UL-FITR

About Sadaqat-ul-Fitr, Ibn ‘Umar, radyAllaah 'anhumaa, reported that “Allaah’s Messenger,
sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, made it obligatory to give Zakaat-ul-Fitr as a saa’ 25 of dates or
a saa’ of barley, upon the slave and the free person, the male and the female, and the young
and the old amongst the Muslims. And he, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, commanded that it
be given before the people set out for the prayer.” 26 [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]
The Sunnah is that it should be given in food, as was done during the time of the Prophet. Abu
Sa’eed Al-Khudree, radyAllaah 'anhu, said: “During the time of the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi
wa sallam, we used to give a saa’ of food 27 on the day of the ‘Eed.”
Then he (Abu Sa'eed) said: “Our food used to be: barley, raisins, dried curds28 and dates.”
[Reported by Al-Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

About the ‘Eid Prayer, Allaah says:

“And so that you may complete the (prescribed) time (for fasting) and so that you may
glorify Allaah (by saying Allaahu Akbar), for having guided you, so that you may be
grateful.”
[Surah Al-Baqarah: 185]

So the Muslims go out to the musallaa (place of prayer) – an empty land – saying the takbeer
(Allaahu Akbar).29 Then they pray two rak’aat behind the Imaam, saying the takbeer (Allaahu Akbar) seven times in the first rak’ah, and five times in the second rak’ah, reciting the Qur’aan
out loud in both rak’aat. Then the Imaam gives one khutbah (sermon) after which the people
disperse. And it is from the Sunnah to return home using a different route than the one taken
when coming to the musallaa (place of prayer).30
It is recommended for the one who fasts the month of Ramadaan to (also) fast six days in (the
month of) Shawaal. The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “Whoever fasts the month
of Ramadaan and follows it up with six days in Shawaal, it is as if he has fasted the whole
year.”
[Reported by Muslim] It is not a condition that the days be fasted consecutively.

Some Important Notes:

There is nothing authentically reported concerning fasting on the first day of (the month of) Rajab
or the twenty-seventh day of Rajab.
There is nothing authentically reported concerning fasting in the middle of Sha’baan.
Also, the ahaadeeth reported on the excellence of fasting in the sacred months are weak, except
for the month of Muharram, for there is an authentic hadeeth about it. Look for it in the last
section of this book.
From the great wrongs committed in Ramadaan is that many people fast in Ramadaan, but do not
pray. Their example is like that of a people who build a palace but destroy its surroundings.
From the great wrongs also is that: Some people observe the prayer in Ramadaan, but then leave
off praying after the month comes to an end. So it is as if the Lord of Ramadaan is not the Lord
of Shawaal or any of the other months. May Allaah be far removed from false gods and partners.

Footnotes:

25 - A saa' consists of four amdaad (plural for mudd). A mudd is a handful using two hands cupped together
of an average-sized man. It is better for you to measure the weight of the saa' that you will take to
distribute for Zakaat-ul-Fitr by yourself. This is to be done by scooping four handfuls with both hands and
then weighing it. It is approximately around two kilograms from the allotted portion give or take a little.
But giving a little more out of precaution is better.

26 - He means by this the 'Eed Prayer. However, it is permissible to entrust it with the committee that is in
charge of distributing the Zakaat, a day or two before the Day of 'Eed.

27- It is the Sunnah to give any food that the people of that land grow. Its range is that a saa' is to be given
by every individual in the family. A majority of the scholars hold that it is not permissible to give it in the
form of its monetary worth in cash, but rather it must be given in food as is stated in the Sunnah. This is
the opinion that is in conformity with the evidences, so adhere to it! And beware of views and opinions,
even if people beautify them. This does not mean that we cannot give charity in cash to the poor, for we
can – except for Sadaqat-ul-Fitr, for this is a matter of worship. And there is wisdom in Allaah's
commands, which our limited minds cannot comprehend.

28 - This is evaporated milk, which is well known in the Hijaaz area and Najd, and which resembles kishk in
our land (of Egypt)

29 - The most correct manner of saying the takbeer is: "Allaahu Akbar, Allaahu Akbar, Allaahu Akbar
Kabeeran."

30 - It is legislated on this day for the women to go out so that they may witness the 'Eed Prayer, even the
menstruating women. However, they (the menstruating women) must stay away from the musallaa (place
of prayer) and witness the (acts of) good and the invitation of the Muslims.
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 1:07 am

SOME AUTHENTIC AHAADEETH ABOUT FASTING

Some authentic ahaadeeth on the virtue of fasting in Ramadaan and other times:

Allaah says: “Every good deed of the son of Adam is for him except fasting, for it is for Me
and I will reward it.
” [A qudsee hadeeth reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “By the One in whose Hand the soul of
Muhammad r is, the breath that comes out of the mouth of the one fasting is better to
Allaah than the scent of musk. There are two times of joy for the person who fasts: When
he breaks his fast, he is happy because he broke his fast, and when he meets his Lord, he is
happy because of his fast.”

The Prophet said: “Indeed there is a door in Paradise called Ar-Rayyaan. On the Day of
Judgement, those who fast will enter through it, and no one else besides them will enter in
through it. It will be said: ‘Where are those who fasted?’ So they will stand up. No one
else will enter in through it besides them. So when they have entered it, it will close and no
one else will enter in through it after them
.” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

The Prophet, sallAllaahu ' alayhi wa sallam, said: “When the month of Ramadaan comes in, the
doors of Paradise are opened and the doors of the Hellfire are closed and the devils are
chained."

The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “Whoever fasts Ramadaan with faith and
seeking reward, he will have his previous sins forgiven.
” [Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

The Prophet, sallAllaahu ' alayhi wa sallam, was asked about fasting on the Day of 'Arafah, so he
said: “Doing that expiates sins committed in the past year and the following year." And he
was asked about fasting on the day of ‘Ashoora, so he, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “It
expiates sins committed in the previous year.” [Reported by Muslim]

The Prophet, sallAllaahu ' alayhi wa sallam, said: “The five daily prayers; one Friday prayer to
the next Friday prayer; and (fasting) Ramadaan to the next Ramadaan expiate the sins that
occur in between them, so long as the major sins are avoided.”
[Reported by Muslim]

The Prophet, sallAllaahu ' alayhi wa sallam, said: “There is not a servant (of Allaah) that fasts a
day in the way of Allaah, except that Allaah removes his face from the fire by the distance
of seventy years because of that.”

The Prophet, sallAllaahu ' alayhi wa sallam, said: “The most excellent (month for) fasting after
Ramadaan is Allaah's month of Muharram. And the most excellent prayer after the
obligatory prayer is the night prayer (i.e. Tahajjud).”
[Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “Making 'Umrah in Ramadaan is equal to
making Hajj – or making Hajj with me.
” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

The Prophet, sallAllaahu ' alayhi wa sallam, did not observe fasting in any month more than in the
month of Sha’baan
. [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: “Fasting three days 31 in every month is like
fasting the whole year.”

"The Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, used to aspire to fast on Monday and
Thursday
." [Reported by At-Tirmidhee with an authentic chain]

The Prophet said: "The most beloved fast to Allaah is the fast of (Prophet) Dawood – he
would fast one day and not fast the next day.”

When the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, came to Madeenah, he found the Jews fasting on
the day of ‘Ashoora, so he asked them: "What is this day, which you are fasting?" They
replied: “This is a great day – the day in which Allaah rescued Moses and his people (from their
enemy), and in which Pharaoh and his people were drowned. So Moses fasted on this day out of
gratefulness, so we fast on it (also). The Prophet said: “We have more right and claim to Moses
than you.”
So the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, fasted that day and he ordered (the
Muslims) to fast (on that day also). [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

'Aa'isha, radyAllaah 'anhaa, reported: "I said: 'O Messenger of Allaah! What if I knew which
night Laylat-ul-Qadr was, what should I say in it?' He, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said:
'Say: O Allaah, You are All-Pardoning, and You love to forgive, so forgive me.'"
(Allaahhumma innaka ‘affuwwun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa 'afu ‘annee).
'” [Reported by At-Tirmithee
and others with an authentic chain]

The Prophet, sallAllaahu ' alayhi wa sallam, said: "Fasting, prayer, giving charity and enjoining
good and forbidding evil absolve the trials a man faces with his family, his money, his
children and his neighbor."
[Reported by Muslim]

The Prophet said: “O young men! Whoever amongst you can afford it, then let him get
married. For it is the best means for lowering the gaze (from looking at women), and it is
the best means of keeping the private parts chaste (from fornication). But whoever is not
able (to marry), then let him observe fasting, for it is a protection."

Footnotes:

31- In some ahaadeeth, these days are interpreted as being the "white days", and they are the thirteenth,
fourteenth and fifteenth day in every month. They are called “white days” because their nights are lighted
by the moon at the time of its completed stage (i.e. when there is a full moon). From this, we can realize
the mistake of the general people in their applying the term "white" to the six recommended days of fasting
in Shawaal.

32 - There is an indication in this hadeeth of the forbiddance of masturbating with the hand (a common
practice done in secret). This is since if it were allowed the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, would
have advised the young men who are not able to get married to do it. And it is not permissible to put off
clarifying a matter at the time when a clarification is required, as is well known. What further confirms its
prohibition is the generality of Allaah's saying: “But whoever seeks beyond that (marriage and what the
right hands possess), then those are the transgressors." [Surah Al-Mu'minoon: 7]

to be continued Inshallah...
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:25 am

SOME WEAK AHAADEETH ABOUT FASTING

Some weak ahaadeeth that are often quoted, which are related to fasting in Ramadaan and other
times: This is in order to warn against them and to caution the Muslims from attributing them to
the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam.33

“The first part of Ramadaan is mercy, the middle part (of it) is forgiveness and the last part
is freedom from the Hellfire.
” [Very Weak]

Fast and you will be healthy.” [Weak]

“Fasting on the first of Rajab expiates (the sins committed) for three years and (fasting on)
the second day expiates (the sins committed) for two years. And the third (day) expiates
(the sins committed) for a year. Then every (remaining) day is (an expiation of sins in) a
month.
[Weak]

“The month of Ramadaan is suspended between the heavens and earth – it is not raised up
to Allaah until the Zakaat-ul-Fitr is given
.” [Weak]

The month of Ramadaan is the month of Allaah, and the month of Sha’baan is my month
and Ramadaan is an expiation (for sins)
.” [Very Weak]

“When the first night of Ramadaan comes, Allaah looks at His creation. And if Allaah
looks at a servant of His, He will never punish him. And every night Allaah frees one
million people from the Hellfire
.” [Fabricated]

O people! A very great and blessed month has come upon you. It is a month in which
there is a night that is better than a thousand months. Allaah has made it an obligation to
fast in it, and recommended us to observe the night prayer in it. Whoever seeks nearness to
Allaah by doing a good deed in it, it will be like one performing an obligatory action in
other months. And whoever performs an obligatory action in it, it is as if he has performed
seventy obligatory actions in other months. It is a month of patience – and the reward for
patience is Paradise – and a month of comfort, and a month in which the believer’s
provision (i.e. wealth) is increased. Whoever feeds a person fasting in this month will have
his sins forgiven and free his neck from the Hellfire. And he will have the same reward as
the person who is fasting without subtracting anything from his reward. Allaah gives this
reward to the one who feeds a fasting person with (even) a sip of milk or a date or a cup of
water. And whoever quenches the thirst of the fasting person, Allaah will let him drink a
serving from my Hawd (Fountain), from which he will not feel thirst again until he enters
Paradise. And it is a month in which the first part of it is mercy, the middle part is
forgiveness and the last part is freedom from the Hellfire. And whoever lessens the burden
on his servant in it (Ramadaan), Allaah will forgive him his sins and free him from the
Hellfire.”
[Rejected]

“Fasting is half of patience. And there is a Zakaat that is binding on every thing, so the
Zakaat of the body is fasting
.” [Weak]

“Whoever breaks his fast in Ramadaan without a valid excuse that Allaah has allowed for
him, it will not be recorded on him that he fasted a whole year, even if he fasts it.
” [Weak]

Footnotes:

33 - The grading on these ahaadeeth are taken from Shaikh Al-Albaanee, quoted from his two books "Da’eef
Al-Jaami’" and " Silsilat-ul Ahaadeeth Ad-Da'eefah wal-Mawdoo’ah."
Back to top Go down
Founder
Librarian.
Librarian.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:31 pm

FATWA ON DETERMINING THE BEGINNING OF RAMADAAN

In order to complete the benefits of this treatise and considering what we are being tested by in
Egypt and other lands, from the occurrence of division at the start and end of fasting every year,
we will present this following section. So you can find that in one family, the members are
divided amongst themselves between those who are fasting and those who are not, each of them
claiming that they are following a specific Fiqh opinion. But yet they forget or they are caused to
forget that Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah are the strictest of people in unifying the ranks. So this
differing in Fiqh amongst them should never result in their dividing in this manner. Rather, they
must follow the large body of Muslims, amongst whom they live – whether they are fasting or not
fasting – even if the majority of the people oppose them in the understanding of a Fiqh issue.
This is one of the principles of Ahlus-Sunnah, which is neglected by many people who attribute
themselves to knowledge, not to mention the regular common people. This is because Ahlus-
Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah consider differing to be a great evil.

Look at the example of ‘Abdullaah Ibn Mas’ood, radyAllaahu 'anhu. This man prayed four
rak’aat behind ‘Uthmaan, radyAllaahu 'anhu, in Minaa, even though he knew full well that the
Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, only prayed two rak’aat in Minaa – the two rak’aat of the
shortened prayer. And he said about his praying behind ‘Uthmaan: “I hope that my portion of the
four rak’aat will be recorded as (instead) two rak’aat that are accepted (by Allaah)
.” So it was
said to him: “Why did you not pray alone” meaning “why did you not shorten your prayer in
accordance with the Sunnah?
” So he said to them: “Differing is evil.”

And look at Shaikh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taimiyyah who gave a fatwa (religious ruling) that whoever
sees the crescent with his own eyes must follow the Jamaa’ah (large group or community) he
lives with in what they decide – whether fasting or not – in order to unify the ranks and prevent
division. He used as evidence the hadeeth of the Prophet: “Fasting is on the day that you
(people) fast, and the end of fasting is on the day that you (people) break the fast. And your
Adhaa is on the day that you (people) offer your sacrifices
” and the hadeeth: “The end of
fasting is the day in which the people break the fast. And the day of Adhaa is the day in
which the people slaughter (their sacrifices).”

The word hilaal (crescent) is defined as a noun for something that is introduced, meaning it is
proclaimed and announced out loud. And the word shahr (month) is defined as something that is
made known. So if it is sighted, yet not made known, the month has not begun. And there is no
distinguishing in this matter between the status of the one who is put in charge of sighting the
moon – whether he is correct or erroneous, whether he tried hard or was lazy. So the
responsibility is on him and if he errs (in the sighting), then the error is on him only.

Refer to his valuable fatwa in his Majmoo’ Al-Fatawaa. [Vol. 25, Pg. 202-206]

Since many people who go against this issue depend on the sighting of Saudi Arabia most of the
time, I will present to them the following fatwa in order that they may know that the very own
scholars of Saudi Arabia have ruled in opposition to what they adhere to. Before you is the text:

Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Fastingtext
Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Fastingtext1
Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Fastingtext2
Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Fastingtext3

This post concludes the book - The site Al Manhaj is not online anymore, but Alhamdullilah, we still got this e-book. May Allah reward in good all those who worked at Al Manhaj.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee   Presentation of the book :  Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee Empty

Back to top Go down

Presentation of the book : Fasting And Its Rulings by Sh. Usaama al-Qoosee
Page 1 of 1