|Subject: Surat-al-Humazah Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:41 pm|| |
وَيۡلٌ۬ لِّڪُلِّ هُمَزَةٍ۬ لُّمَزَةٍ
ٱلَّذِى جَمَعَ مَالاً۬ وَعَدَّدَهُ ۥ
يَحۡسَبُ أَنَّ مَالَهُ ۥۤ أَخۡلَدَهُ ۥ
كَلَّاۖ لَيُنۢبَذَنَّ فِى ٱلۡحُطَمَةِ
وَمَآ أَدۡرَٮٰكَ مَا ٱلۡحُطَمَةُ
نَارُ ٱللَّهِ ٱلۡمُوقَدَةُ
ٱلَّتِى تَطَّلِعُ عَلَى ٱلۡأَفۡـِٔدَةِ
إِنَّہَا عَلَيۡہِم مُّؤۡصَدَةٌ۬
فِى عَمَدٍ۬ مُّمَدَّدَةِۭ
1. Woe to every slanderer and backbiter.
2. Who has gathered wealth and counted it.
3. He thinks that his wealth will make him last forever!
4. But no! Verily, he will be thrown into the crushing fire.
5. And what will make you know what the crushing fire is?
6. The fire of Allah kindled,
7. Which leaps up over the hearts.
8. Verily, it shall be closed upon them,
9. In pillars stretched forth.
This surah gives the characteristics of one group of the people of the fire. They slander people with their speech and by action. They find fault with people and belittle them by reviling and disgracing them. These people also save their wealth, collecting, counting and hiding it. They think that gathering wealth will be the reason they last forever in this abode (worldly life). Allah says He will surely throw these people into the fire. And then He describes the fire to us.
( May Allah protect us from the fire.)
Source: Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Volume 10, p. 585-587.
For more tafsir:
جَمَعَ gathers, collects
يَحۡسَبُ he thinks
عَمَدٍ۬ pillars, columns
Read the Mushaf online:
Listen and learn new words:
Last edited by Zaza on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited link)