The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

Some Words of Wisdom on Knowledge, from Scholars, past and present

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy-Amatullah
Bookroom Assistant
Bookroom Assistant
Amy-Amatullah

Some Words of Wisdom on Knowledge, from Scholars, past and present Empty
PostSubject: Some Words of Wisdom on Knowledge, from Scholars, past and present   Some Words of Wisdom on Knowledge, from Scholars, past and present EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa barakatou,

Taken from : www.fatwa-online.com

Some words of wisdom on knowledge, from Scholars, past and present :

Jaabir (radhi-yallaahu 'anhu) narrated that Allaah's Messenger (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

((Do not acquire knowledge in order to compete with the scholars, nor to argue with the ignorant, nor to gain mastery over the gatherings. Since whoever does that, then: The Fire! The Fire!))

Reported by Ibn Maajah (254) and others. This hadeeth has a witness from the hadeeth of Ka'b ibn Maalik reported by at-Tirmidhee (2654) and others and also from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah reported by Ahmad (2/338) and others.

pinkheartsmall

There is no comparison between one who has knowledge and one who does not...

The Shaykh (rahima-hullaah) mentions:

(There is no comparison between one who has knowledge and one who does not, just as there is no comparison between the living and the dead, and one who hears and one who is deaf, and one who can see and one who is blind.

Knowledge is light with which one is guided, and with it removes one from the darkness (of ignorance) to the light (of knowledge, i.e. Islaam).

With knowledge, Allaah raises the ranks of whom He wishes from His creation:

{Allaah will exalt in degree those of you who believe, and those who have been granted knowledge}, [Soorah al-Mujaadalah, Aayah 11].))

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen
Kitaabul-'Ilm

divider

There is nothing more harmful to the branches of knowledge...

Ibn Hazam (rahima-hullaah) said:

(There is nothing more harmful to the branches of knowledge and its people than those who enter themselves into it and they are not from its people. They are ignorant and yet they think they have knowledge, they cause corruption whilst thinking they are correcting the affairs).

at Ta'aalam wa Atharuhu 'alal Fikr wal Kitaab pg 7

divider

When you compare yourself with others...

Ibn Hazam al-Andalusee (rahima-hullaah) mentions:

((When you compare yourself with others in matters of wealth, position, and health, you should look at people less favoured than yourself. When you compare yourself with others in matters of religion, knowledge and virtue, look at people who are better than yourself)).

al-Akhlaaq was-Siyar - Ibn Hazam al-Andalusee

Some Words of Wisdom on Knowledge, from Scholars, past and present 72791

Inshallah, this following one should be a good lesson for anyone...

I do not know...

'Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Mahdee (rahima-hullaah) mentions:

We were with Maalik Ibn Anas when a man came saying:

((O Abu ’Abdullaah, I have travelled a distance of six months. The people of my land sent me to ask you about a matter)).

So he said:

((Ask!))

So the man asked him some things, so he replied:

((I do not know))

...and the man thought he had come to someone who knew everything, so he said:

((What shall I tell the people of my land when I return to them?))

He said:

((Say to them: Maalik Ibn Anas does not know)).

divider

www.fatwaonline.com
Back to top Go down

Some Words of Wisdom on Knowledge, from Scholars, past and present
Page 1 of 1