The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wonderful Library & Islamic Resource Center

World of Islamic Dawah: Islamic Library & Resource Center

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As-Salaamu alaikum and welcome readers. Please check our Portal for regular updates and news. Dear readers, you may have noticed that some of our graphics are not showing. We are busy updating broken links and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

We sincerely apologize for the Advertisements which are beyond our control. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive us for our shortcomings.

Why not try our Weekly Islamic Quiz?

The Angels and human beings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

The Angels and human beings Empty
PostSubject: The Angels and human beings   The Angels and human beings EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:58 pm

The Angels and human beings 686624

The Angels and Human Beings Part One

1 – The angels and Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2:

When Allaah, the Most Exalted, wanted to create Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2 He informed His angels of that. They asked Him the reason behind that, because they knew that the sons of Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2 would cause corruption and shed blood, and they would disobey Allaah and disbelieve in Him. He told them that there were reasons for the creation of Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2 which they did not know. Allaah Says in the Quran (what means): "And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, “Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority.” They said, “Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?” He [Allaah] said, “Indeed, I know that which you do not know.” [Quran 2:30]

Their prostration to Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2 when he was created:

Allaah commanded His angels to prostrate to Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2 when He had completed his creation and breathed His soul into him, Saying (what means): "[So mention] when your Lord said to the angels: “Indeed, I am going to create a human being from clay. So when I have proportioned him and breathed into him of My [created] soul, then fall down to him in prostration.” [Quran 38:71-72]

They responded to the command, except for Satan, as in the verse (which means): "So the angels prostrated — all of them entirely. Except Satan; he was arrogant and became among the disbelievers." [Quran 38:73-74]

How the angels taught Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2:

It is narrated that Abu Hurayrah The Angels and human beings Icon--3 said: The Messenger of Allaah The Angels and human beings Icon--1 said: "Allaah created Aadam in his image (i.e. without progressing through the stages of a normal human, starting from a sperm until the completion of his human formation), and he (Aadam) was sixty cubits tall. When He had created him, He said, `Go and greet them – a group of angels who were sitting – and listen to how they respond, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your descendents.' So he said, 'As-Salaamu `Alaykum,' and they said, 'As-Salaamu `Alayka wa rahmat-Allaahi. So they added the words wa rahmat-Allaah." [Al-Bukhaari]

The angels washed Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2 when he died:

When Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2 died, his children did not know what they should do with his body, so the angels taught them. Ubayy Ibn Ka'b The Angels and human beings Icon--3 narrated that the Prophet The Angels and human beings Icon--1 said: "When Aadam, died, the angels washed his body with water an odd number of times, then they buried him in a grave with a niche (land), and said: This is the way of the sons of Aadam." [Al-Haakim and At-Tabaraani]

It is narrated in an authentic narration that the angels washed Hanthalah Ibn Abu `Aamir The Angels and human beings Icon--3 who was martyred in the battle of Uhud. The Messenger The Angels and human beings Icon--1 said to his companions The Angels and human beings Icon--4 after Hanthalah The Angels and human beings Icon--3 was killed: "The angels are washing your companion" – meaning Hanthalah. The companions asked his wife, and she said that he had gone out when he heard the call to Jihaad, and he was in a state of ritual impurity following marital relations. The Messenger of Allaah The Angels and human beings Icon--1 said, "That is why the angels washed his body." [Al-Haakim and Al-Bayhaqi]

2 – The angels and the sons of Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2:

The connection between the angels and the descendents of Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2 is very strong. They are there when a person is created, they guard him/her after he/she emerges into this world. They bring the revelation from Allaah and they watch over people's actions and behaviour. They bring a person's soul forth from his body when his appointed time (of death) comes.

Their role in the creation of man:

Abu Tharr The Angels and human beings Icon--3 said: "I heard the Messenger of Allaah The Angels and human beings Icon--1 say: `When forty-two nights are passed, Allaah sends an angel to the nutfah (embryo) and he gives it shape, forming its hearing and sight, its skin, flesh and bones. Then he says: `O Lord, male or female?' Then your Lord decrees whatever He wills and the angel writes it down.'" [Muslim]

It is narrated that Ibn Mas'ood The Angels and human beings Icon--3 said: "The Messenger of Allaah The Angels and human beings Icon--1 who is the most truthful one, told us: "Each one of you comes together in mother's womb for forty days, then becomes an 'Aalaqah (clot) for a similar period of time. Then he becomes a Mudhghah (chewed lump of flesh) for a similar length of time. Then Allaah sends an angel to him, who is commanded with four things. It is said to him: Write down his deeds, his provision, and whether he is doomed (destined for Hell) or blessed (destined for Paradise). Then the soul is breathed into him.'" [Al-Bukhaari]

The Prophet The Angels and human beings Icon--1 also said: "Allaah has appointed an angel over the womb, and he (the angel) says, 'O Lord, a Nutfah (embryo from the mixed discharge of male and female); O Lord, an 'Alaqah (clot); O Lord, a Mudhghah (chewed lump of flesh).' And when Allaah wants to decree his creation, he says: `O Lord, male or female? Doomed or blessed? What is his provision? What is his lifespan?' All of that is written when he is in his mother's womb." [Al-Bukhaari]

The angels guard the sons of Aadam The Angels and human beings Icon--2:

Almighty Allaah Says (what means):" It is the same [to Him] concerning you whether one conceals [his] speech or one publicizes it and whether one is hidden by night or conspicuous [among others] by day. For him [i.e. each one] are successive [angels] before and behind him who protect him by the decree of Allaah. Indeed, Allaah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. And when Allaah intends for a people ill, there is no repelling it. And there is not for them besides Him any patron." [Quran 13:10-11]

Ibn `Abbaas The Angels and human beings Icon--3 has explained that what is meant by "successive angels" is the angels whom Allaah appoints to guard a person from before and from behind. Then when the decree of Allaah comes, which Allaah wills should befall him, they withdraw from him.

Mujaahid The Angels and human beings Icon--6 said: "There is no person who does not have an angel appointed to protect him when he is asleep and when he is awake, from the jinn, other men and savage beasts. None of these come to him, but the angel tells it, `Keep away!' except for that which Allaah has given permission to befall him."

A man said to 'Ali Ibn Abu Taalib The Angels and human beings Icon--3: "A group from (the tribe of) Muraad want to kill you." He (`Ali) The Angels and human beings Icon--3 said: "With every man there are angels guarding him from whatever has not been decreed for him. When the decree comes, they move away from him and let it reach him. Your, fixed lifespan (decreed by Allaah) is a protection for you." [Al-Bidaayah Wan-Nihaayah]

These guardians are sent by Allaah to protect His slaves until the decreed time of death comes to them.

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive/article.php?lang=E&id=135657
Back to top Go down
Zaza
Librarian
Librarian
Zaza

The Angels and human beings Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Angels and human beings   The Angels and human beings EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:01 pm

The Angels and human beings 33362

The Angels and Human Beings- Part Two

The emissaries of Allaah to His Messengers and Prophets:

Allaah has told us that Jibreel (Gabriel) is the only one who carries out this mission through the verse (which means):"Say [O Muhammad]: 'Whatever is an enemy to Jibreel (Gabriel)-it is [none but] he who has brought it [i.e. the Quran] down upon your heart, by permission of Allaah, confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers.'" [Quran 2:97]

Revelation may be brought by angels other than Jibreel, but this happens rarely – as stated in the narration that was narrated by Ibn `Abbaas The Angels and human beings Icon--3 who said: "Whilst Jibreel was sitting with the Prophet The Angels and human beings Icon--1 he heard a creaking sound above him, and he The Angels and human beings Icon--1 raised his head. He The Angels and human beings Icon--1 said: 'This is a door in the heaven which has been opened today, and it has never been opened before today, and an angel has come down through it. This is an angel who has come down to the earth, and he never came down before today. He [that angel] gave the greeting of Salaam and said: 'Rejoice, for you have been granted two lights which have not been given to any Prophet before you: the Opening (chapter) of the Book (chapter Al-Faatihah) and the closing verses of chapter Al-Baqarah. You will not read even one letter of them but you will be granted reward."' [Muslim]

According to Huthayfah The Angels and human beings Icon--3 the Messenger of Allaah The Angels and human beings Icon--1 said: "An angel came to me and greeted me with salaam – he came down from the heavens and he had never come down before – and he gave me the glad tidings that Al-Hasan and Al-Husayn would be the leaders of the youth of Paradise, and that Faatimah would be the leader of the women of Paradise."" [Ibn `Asaakir]

Not everyone to whom an angel comes is a Messenger or a Prophet:

Not everyone to whom an angel comes can be counted as a Messenger or a Prophet; this is an illusion. Allaah sent Jibreel to Maryam (Mary), as He sent him to the mother of Ismaa`eel (Ishmael) The Angels and human beings Icon--2 when she ran out of food and drink. (And it is known that neither of them were Prophets).

The companions The Angels and human beings Icon--4 saw Jibreel in the form of a Bedouin. And Allaah sent an angel to that man who visited a brother of his for the sake of Allaah, to tell him that Allaah loved him because he loved his brother... This happened a lot, and the reason was to make a point.

How did the revelation come to the Messenger The Angels and human beings Icon--1?

Al-Haarith Ibn Hishaam The Angels and human beings Icon--3 asked the Messenger The Angels and human beings Icon--1: "O Messenger of Allaah, how does the revelation come to you?"

The Messenger The Angels and human beings Icon--1 said: "Sometimes it comes to me like the ringing of a bell, and that is the hardest for me. Then it departs from me, and I understand what has been said. Sometimes the angel comes to me in the form of a man who speaks to me, and I understand what he says." [Al-Bukhaari]

Jibreel used to come to the Messenger The Angels and human beings Icon--1 in his angelic form. This was difficult for the Messenger The Angels and human beings Icon--1. At other times Jibreel would change from his angelic form and take on human form, and this was easier for the Messenger The Angels and human beings Icon--1.

The Messenger The Angels and human beings Icon--1 saw Jibreel twice in the form in which Allaah created him:

Three years after the beginning of the Prophetic Mission:

The Messenger of Allaah The Angels and human beings Icon--1 said: "Whilst I was walking, I heard a voice from the heavens. I raised my head and saw the angel who had come to me in (the cave of) Hiraa', sitting on a throne between the heavens and the earth. I was scared of him, and I went back (home) and said (to his wife), `Cover me!'" [Al-Bukhaari]

When he was taken up into the heavens (the Ascension)

This occasion was mentioned in chapter An-Najm, where Allaah Says (what means): "(The Quran was) Taught to him (i.e. Muhammad) by one intense in strength [i.e. Jibreel] — One of soundness. And he rose to [his] true form. While he was in the higher [part of the] horizon. Then he approached and descended. And was at a distance of two bow lengths or nearer. And he revealed to His Servant what he revealed [i.e. conveyed]. The heart did not lie [about] what it saw. So will you dispute with him over what he saw? And he certainly saw him in another descent. At the Lote Tree of the Utmost Boundary — Near it is the Garden of Refuge [i.e. Paradise] — When there covered the Lote Tree that which covered [it]. The sight [of the Prophet] did not swerve, nor did it transgress [its limit]." [Quran 53:5-17]

The mission of Jibreel:

The mission of Jibreel is not restricted only to conveying the Revelation from Almighty Allaah. He used to come to the Prophet The Angels and human beings Icon--1 every year in Ramadaan, on every night of that month, to teach him the Quran. According to Ibn `Abbaas The Angels and human beings Icon--3: "The Messenger of Allaah The Angels and human beings Icon--1 was the most generous of people, and he was at his most in generosity during Ramadaan, when he used to meet Jibreel, and he used to meet him every night during Ramadaan, to study the Quran with him. The Messenger of Allaah was more generous in doing good than the strong wind when it blows." [Al-Bukhaari]

His leading the Messenger in prayer:

Jibreel led the Messenger Muhammad The Angels and human beings Icon--1 in prayer, so that he could learn the prayer as Allaah wanted it to be performed. According to Ibn Mas'ood The Angels and human beings Icon--3 the Messenger The Angels and human beings Icon--1 said: "Jibreel came down and led me in prayer, so I prayed with him, then I prayed with him, then I prayed with him, then I prayed with him, then I prayed with him" — and he counted them off on his fingers five times." [Al-Bukhaari]

The Messenger The Angels and human beings Icon--1 said: "Jibreel led me in prayer at the Ka'bah twice. He led me in praying Thuhr (noon prayer) when the sun had passed its zenith by the length of a sandal-thong, and he led me in praying Asr (afternoon prayer) when the shadow of every object was the same length as the object itself. He led me — praying Maghrib (sunsert prayer)— at the time when the fasting person breaks his fast. He led me in praying 'Ishaa' (night prayer) when the twilight had ended. And he led me in praying Fajr (dawn prayer) at the time when food and drink become Haraam (forbidden) for the one who is fasting.

On the following day, he led me in praying Thuhr when the shadow of an object was the same length as the object itself. He led me in praying 'Asr when the shadow of an object was twice as long as the object itself. He led me in praying Maghrib at the time when the fasting person breaks his fast. He led me in praying 'Ishaa' when a third of the night had passed. And he led me in praying Fajr when there was a fair amount of light. Then he turned to me and said: `O Muhammad, these are the times (observed by) the Prophets before you, and the time (for each prayer) is anywhere between these two times (mentioned in each case). "' [Abu Daawood]

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive/article.php?lang=E&id=135684
Back to top Go down

The Angels and human beings
Page 1 of 1